Saturday, May 4, 2013

What is the best gift for a boys 16th birthday besides a car?

Q. I need to do something huge for my 16 year old, he is my rock, He deserves the best 16th birthday ever, please help me make this an awesome 16th birthday by giving me ideas for parties, gifts, and any suggestions at all, Thank you sooo much!!!

A. laser tag party is usually a favorite.MOST sixteen year-olds love to have a hotel party.Have separate rooms for boys girls and adults.an indoor pool will calm them.Make the party on a saturday until sunday night.Have the limit on kids be 16.(for his age.) 8 boys and 8 girls(unless he wants all boys.combine the laser tag party with the hotel party.take them to play laser tag. KID-on-KID "no adults!" Then let them have a certain amount of money for a restaurant of their choice.(my friends was 200 dollars.) A present should be the easy part. phone and expensive clothes will cheer up any spontaneous 16 year old.


Other Christmas present ideas for family?
Q. Luckily I know what I am getting for my grandmother for Christmas (a tie blanket that i made), but the others are tough. My first sister, brother, mom, and best friend are the hardest.

My sister is graduating from college in like a week so I need help with that too. For her, I was thinking that I would buy a sweet sister photo frame that I found on Amazon and put a picture of us two in it and give it to her. I don't know if that should be her graduation present or Christmas present but either way I need to buy it soon for it to get here in time. For her birthday a couple months ago, I made her a card and wrote a letter that made her cry (she is really emotional). I want he to know how much I care about her, but I don’t want to make her cry again. I want ALL of my Christmas presents to be meaningful, and I am willing to spend some money but I am only a 15 year old girl and don’t have a ton. My sister is 23 and she means to world to me.

My other sister is older and is married with a two year old girl and four year old boy (I love those kids sooooo much!) but I am not sure if I will buy her anything for reasons I would rather not post. I love her, but I don't know if I can find a real meaningful gift for her because of some stupid and selfish things she has done, but if you have any ideas, please be my guest! (NO GIFTCARDS WHAT-SO-EVER!)

I know what my parents are getting me for Christmas (oops) and i kind of feel bad about it. I really want it, but I don’t know what to give back. I am the youngest, so i hate to admit it but i am kind of spoiled. I feel like my parents spend more than is necessary on me and i really want to show my appreciation to them My mom loves aggot hunting and rocks and fossils and all of that stuff. (We want to go to Madagascar one day lol) My mom says that she wants a rock cutter or polisher or tumbler or something but they are expensive so I might be able to split it with my sister but she is pretty poor with her boyfriend since they are only just graduating from college, and my mom may have already bought herself a rock tumbler or is planning to from the Christmas money she already got. I don’t know but i want to find something meaningful and although that is something I know she really wants, it is not something I would usually buy especialy since I have virtually no way of getting it without her knowing unless I found the perfect thing and managed to get my sister’s help.

My dad, his birthday is only in a little over a week so i am stuck. I might just make him a cake since he thinks everyone will forget about his birthday since it is sooo close to my sister’s graduation, but for Christmas, I don’t know. I love my dad but we have an odd, unbalanced relationship sort of like with my other sister. Maybe I will just give him a card with a meaningful saying or something. My dad rarely shows real emotion because of the way he grew up, but I wish I could make him. I feel that I owe my daddy in a way.

My brother is probably the toughest of all. He is 21, loves hunting and hanging out with friends. I really can’t think of anything meaningful for his Christmas present.. He will be in Germany with one of friends for Christmas this year, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t want to get him anything. I wish that i had a better relationship with my brother and could spend more time with him, but he is never around. I would love to go skiing with him or something this winter, but I don’t know if we will get the chance. He wais we could go last year but never did. We went togeather when I was in 7th and 8th grade with school and that was really the last time I got to spend a lot of time with him. His stuff lives at home, but he lives with his friends closer to his school. I am usually home alone with my parents since all of my siblings have pretty much moved out. He is one of those guys that has a lot of energy but, thankfully, is using it in a productive way by shooting deer and become a cop to help society's fight against crime. I want my brother to know how much I do love him and miss him. I get a hug from him every chance that i get, but it just does not feel like enough. My brother is crazy, but I love him and miss him, and just want a present that will show it in one way or another.

Last but not least, my best friend. Because of drama in our school, we have become better friends than ever this year. Maybe I should just give her a gift card (she is the only exception) but I don’t know if that would even be good enough. It feels incomplete on my part. I don’t know. For reasons unspoken, she is tough to buy for. I do want to give her something meaningful, but I really don’t know what.

I am sorry that this is so long, but I really want this to be a special Christmas.

A. For your college sister... You might like to get her a coffee mug with a picture of the two of you on it. Or a sweet sister saying on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For you rock loving mom... Look at these websites http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&biw=811&bih=468&sclient=psy-ab&q=where+can+i+buy+petoskey+stone+jewelry&oq=where+can+i+buy+petoskey+stone+jewelry&gs_l=serp.12...0.0.8.587186.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.s2iXsdo_12o&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=36ad7c0967172426&bpcl=39650382 and get her a Petoskey Stone jewelry. They are nice and very unique. The stones are found only in and near Petoskey, Michigan. They are sought after by people all over the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For your dad... Make him a batch of fudge and add a letter from you about how you feel about him. You can even say how you both are so different, yet you love him so deeply and you are glad he is your dad.

Fantasy Fudge
Yes, this is the original Fantasy Fudge recipe from the back of the Kraft Marshmallow Creme jar. We'll never know why they changed the recipe on us, but we've preserved the recipe for you right here.

3 cups sugar
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 12-oz. (340 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 7-oz. (198 g) jar Kraft Marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Traditional method:
Combine sugar, margarine and milk in heavy 2-1/2 quart saucepan; bring to full rolling bail, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate till melted. Add marshmallow creme, nuts & vanilla; beat until blended. Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Let cool and cut into 1-inch squares.

Microwave method:
Microwave margarine in 4-quart microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) 1 minute or until melted. Add sugar and milk; mix well. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until mixture begins to boil, stirring after 3 minutes. Mix well; scrape bowl. Continue microwaving on HIGH 5-1/2 minutes; stir after 3 minutes. Stir in chips until melted. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Cool at room temperature; cut into squares. Makes 3 pounds.

Note: Can be made in a smaller pan for thicker squares (yield will be reduced).

Servings: 117

< Fudge would be a good gift for your sister and her kids also. >

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For your brother... He might like a wind up flashlight. The kind that never needs batteries, you just crank it. They are quite popular with people who like to hunt, fish, and go camping. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=Wind+up+flashlight&oq=Wind+up+flashlight&gs_l=serp.3..0l10.719636.727751.9.728105.18.13.0.5.5.1.2318.5153.7-1j1j1.3.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.Q2er0-nPzz8&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=36ad7c0967172426&bpcl=39650382&biw=811&bih=468 Include a letter with it telling him how much you love him and miss him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For your best friend, buy best friend necklaces. They have a lot of meaning to them and she can cherish it forever. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=Best+friend+necklace&oq=Best+friend+necklace&gs_l=serp.3..0l10.632200.643654.10.645377.20.15.0.5.5.0.2065.8004.6-1j1j2j1.5.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.BcZaUk9d1kA&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=36ad7c0967172426&bpcl=39650382&biw=811&bih=468


What should I get my boyfriends 8 year old twin cousins for their birthday?
Q. My boyfriend's twin cousins, Abby and Ben's birthday is coming up in two weeks, and I'm invited to there birthday party.
What should I buy them?
I'm still trying to make a good impression on his family so I'd like it to be a nice gift. But I need ideas.
Thanks!

A. See what they like! I'm assuming Abby is a girl, and Ben is a boy, so like..if Ben likes soccer or something, get him a new soccer ball.
If Abby is into..piano..get her a music book with songs she can learn to play.

But of course, those were just examples. See what they like!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment