Thursday, May 2, 2013

What is a good gift idea for a 1 year old that is not a toy?

Q. It is my nephews 1st birthday and my sis does not want any more toys for him cause he already has too many that he doesn't even play with. Any creative gifting ideas?

A. I can understand that, but he will probably play with them later as his attention span is longer.

Perhaps a board book, or a name sign for his bedroom door. Maybe he needs a shelf or two in his room, or a toy hanger or chest. You could even think about starting a bank account for him, it doesn't have to be a lot, and have yourself as trustee, maybe along with your sister, so that you can deposit easily for future birthdays and Christmases. Just $10 a time would be quite a sum when he grows up and is looking to get his first car or pay for education, etc.

One thing I have done for my grandson is collect new coins and stamps each year on his birthday, all of which I will give him on his 21st. It's not for the monetary value, rather for the interest and historical value and the desire to have something unique from his grandparents.His parents know nothing of this, but just in case, his Uncle does.


What should I get my dad for his birthday?
Q. Hey Guys.

My dad's birthday is coming up soon, and I'm not sure what I should get him.. Can't think..

So yeah, that's why I came here, hoping for an answer..for gift ideas.. for creative ideas..

Oh and by the way he's turning 40. The Big 4-0, so it needs to be something special..

Thanks!

A. ehh.. sports stuff, a themed box (i.e. ,movies, popcorn and sd glasses or somehting)


What's a good birthday gift for a baby girl's first birthday?
Q. My neice turns 1 today, and her birthday gathering is later this week. What are good ideas for a birthday gift for her? Something that would actually be useful, not something her parents would just have to pile up with all the other presents. The more creative the better (:

A. First birthdays are so fun. My daughter just turned one a couple of months ago. Something really useful for a one year old is a 2-step step stool. If she isn't walking yet, she will be soon, and a step stool will help her claim her independence and start to do things for herself. Another unique first birthday gift is the Gymboree bubble wand called Bubble Oodles. This is the BEST bubble wand around and small children absolutely love bubbles!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment