Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Good party ideas for a 14 yr old girl?

Q. So im having my birthday party, im turning 14. The problems: a.) my bday is in December and I live where we get shitloads of snow b.) i live in the country--aka the 'burbs are about an hour away c.) we cant afford anything big
So any ideas? Something simple and fun for me and a few of my girlfriends that we can do from like friday-sunday?

A. Perfect time of year for a Winter Wonderland party! Do Best Snow sculpture contest
Sledding on whatever you can find
Best snow angel
Winter nature scavenger hunt....set a time limit, give them a list (think of things right around your immediate area....pic of bird's nest? feeder? something from a tree, xmas decoration....you can do a camera hunt giving 2 teams each a camera....and then you can include fun activities for them to do, too (like making the snow angel or doing a group pyramid or dancing a chorus line, etc)...all outdoor fun stuff.

Decorate with icicle lights and snowflakes...make your colors ice blue and white and silver (with balloons and tableware)--can add a blue glow stick inside a white balloon before blowing it up for extra fun and hang them up.

Do either a grab bag where everyone gets a gift delivered by a fun 'Santa" or a White Elephant game where everyone brings something they owned but don't want anymore>>>they wrap it and bring to party to put into a pile. Everyone draws a number or a card...highest goes first in cards...numbers go from #1 and so forth. First person picks a gift, opens it. Second person picks a gift OR takes a gift from one that's opened that they like. If a person gets one taken, they immediately go get another to open. Game ends when everyone has a gift---part of the fun is guessing where that gift came from!

Play games like Apples to Apples or Mexican Train Dominoes, Twister, Pictionary, Uno or any other card game.

Do a contest of 2 teams for best makeover>>>provide things like make up and other clothing articles, shoes, feather boas, hats, etc. Each team can have different stuff to pick from...give them time limit to finish.

Do a treasure hunt>>hide wrapped candy around the house and party area and give each girl a lunch bag to find as many as they can---one who finds the most wins.

Play Guess the Candy Bar: get several different kinds, break apart and pass around to girls who are all blindfolded. They have to guess what they are by smelling (tasting?) and write their answers down. Most right wins.

Play "No Not Me, Never"....give each girl lots of sweet treats. Then each girl takes a turn to make a statement about herself, like "I have never kissed a boy--No, Not Me, Never"...whoever else that statement applies to must eat a piece of candy. You keep taking turns until candy is all gone but one person has some left (winner).

Make something together....like brownies on a stick (use 2 boxes of mix for a 9x13 pan..you get thicker brownies that way to insert the popsicle stick into)...decorate by dipping in melted bark chocolate (dries faster!!) and colorful sprinkles.

Make another treat like the Rice Krispie treats but you use corn flakes instead and use food coloring to dye them green. Shape them into wreaths and add either red cinnamon candies in groups of 3 for holly berries or mini red M&M's.

Get some great girl movies to watch--or fun Xmas ones. Make your cake look like Xmas presents>>bake a rectangle cake and a square cake. Frost them and use real ribbon for wrapping around and tucking underneath. (Set the square cake on the rectangle one in an offset fashion)...add real bows on them, too. Polka dots can be added by using gel icing and drawing on....add a tag saying Happy Birthday! to You tied to one of the ribbons.

Do a craft project>>decorate headbands or photo frames, make jewelry or friendship bracelets

EDIT: Wanted to add this SNACK FOOD IDEA:SNOWFLAKES... Try this creative snack made with tortillas.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:

* Flour Tortillas
* Oil

Preparation:
Using the same technique as cutting out paper snowflakes, make snowflake shapes out of flour tortillas, you may need to warm the tortilla in the microwave first to make it more flexible. Put a touch of oil in a pan and fry tortilla until it is crisp. Top with one or more of these ideas:

* Sprinkle it with powdered sugar.
* Spread butter on one side of the tortilla.
* Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and sugar.
* Use bologna, turkey, ham, cheese, etc. and make a snowflake sandwich.


OK this is for the mothers of little girls babies to preteens?
Q. Are any of you so scared by the posts on here by the teenage girls talking about their relationships and boyfriends. I have an 8 year old and a 5 yr old little girl and don't get me wrong I know I have raised them right teaching them self respect moral values responsibility and accountability for their actions but I am seriously scared to death for them to be exposed to these girls I am not saying that my kids are better than anyone elses so please don't think I am saying that my girls are. It is just that I am only 27 and I don't remember teens being this way when I was growing up
I totally agree with you on that one cinnatig. It goes for both boys and girls. But to me just from watching some of the posts the teen girls just post and post and post like they are so nonchalant about putting all their business out there where as the boys of the same age are having other more constructive questions to ask. It is very important not to have double standards based on sexes but that does not mean that all my children will start going out on dates at the same age either it is a responsibilty issue not a boy/girl issue
I know Sarah N it seems now that if they make it TO highschool before getting pregnant it's no big deal. But honestly with some of the teenagers who are having a second baby I put some of the blame on their mothers if they are watching the 1st baby for anything more than for them to go to school and work
I saw that one too Kaiialyn but the one that really got to me was the 5th grader asking what age was too young to date and a 13 year old answering that she should wait until she is 13 because her relationships with her boyfriends were pretty much meaningless until she turned 13 but her relationships are much more serious and meaningfull now that she is 13

A. Hi, in Aust here we just had a program on televison addressing the new classifacation group of 'tweens' this is the age group of 6 - 11 years old. It seems that once you are 6 years new in this world the advertising executivies of the world think you are old enough to sell images and ideas that traditionally weren't really exposed to children until they were closer to 15 years of age, when the brain has had a chance to mature a little bit.
My daughter age 6 already occasionally says her HORRID Bratz dolls are 'sexy'!!!! The first time I heard this I just about fell over, What was my child doing saying or even thinking that about anything. I know she wouldn't understand what the word really means, but she knew enough to apply it to her doll when it was wearing a very short dress and red high heels.
I was being told by my ex partner that I was overrecting about the languages and images that are contained in some of the kids programs and movies being released today.
I don't want to be one of those prudish parents and try to hide my child from the world but on this particular subject, I would just rather it have a more natural emergence. I think a lot of these movies, magazines, etc are taking away the parents right to inform their children about these issues.
I have a particular objection to the Bratz dolls I can not stand them and last year at my daughters birthday party she was given 3 by classmates. Other parents of 6 year olds thought it an appropriate gift! My right to ban them from our house as I had been doing was just swept away, now I can not get them out of the house.
I am sorry to rant but it is something I am really quite passionate about . Kids are being treated as young adults younger and younger. 6 years old is way to young to be exposed to these ideas.
I am very frightened about what awaits my child in the next few years, despite what the advertisers want us to beleive, my daughter is still only a child and I want her to enjoy it and not be pressured into things she will not be ready for.
The same program that did have the issue of 'tweens' discussed also had a program on about the fact kids are having sexual relationships younger and younger.
Am I alowed to give a link to the program where you can get a transcript and see what kids of these ages alos think, if not I apologise if I am here it is:
http://news.sbs.com.au/insight/
If you chose to look at it then I hope it helps, be aware this is a television program site so you will have to go into the archives pages to find the particular shows. It is an eye-opening dicussion though.


What are some unique and affordable gift ideas and crafts???
Q. Creative,afforable,unique gift ideas and crafts???
i need help-i have less than 100 bucks to spend on these ppl:

1)My mom who loves handmade and unique things(she gets 3 gifts cause of her birthday)
2)A picky 9-yr old sister(something huge and affordable)
3)A outgoing and energetic grandma that likes to collect everything especially dolls)
4)My 2 friends that i work at the library with(ones a rocker boy and the others a christian girl)
5)The elders at the library(something simple,something that they can put on their desk maybe)

PLZ HELP THANX!!!(and btw,i'm 12 1/2 yrs old)

A. Go to www.gifts.com. When you get there, you can use the shop by personality option which lets you pick whether you are shopping for a man, woman, girl, or boy & then it will take you thru a series of questions to get an idea of what kind of person he/she is. When you get thru that a lot of gift ideas will pop up. Even if you don't find exactly what you are seeking, it'll help get your ideas flowing. Good luck~





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment