Thursday, May 2, 2013

Should I make birthday party favor bags for the babies coming to the party?

Q. Should I make birthday party favor bags for the babies coming to the party?
It's my son's first birthday, and there are going to be about 15 kids there, but 6 of them are babies. We have all the favors for the older kids, but I'm not sure if I need to get any favors for the babies? They range from four months to one year old. If you think so, do you have any ideas?

A. I think that's a lot of effort.
I'd suggest giving the mothers a small gift for the babies. No packaging needed.


I need favor bag ideas for birthday party?
Q. I'm having a birthday party for my daughter who is turning 4. I hate the cheap toys and gifts in the favor bags so I'm looking for creative ideas to give the kids.

A. Homemade candy - chocolate lollipops.
Rice crispy treats.
Fudge.
Something they'll actually use - Bubble bath stuff, books, sidewalk chalk, water paints and or crayons and a coloring book, snack bags of goldfish or cheez it's, or play dough.


Do you have any birthday present suggestions for a 2 year old?
Q. Specifically I am looking for ideas of things that I might be able to help my 5 year old make since we don't have much extra money right now. The 2 year old is really interested in blocks, babies, and animals right now.

A. I'm glad you asked this, because my kids recieved from their Aunt and Uncle the most wonderful gift that lasted for years!

They each recieved a large plastic tote box that had their name written on it in in a black Magic Marker. My son's had the addition of his picture glued onto the lid. On the lid were stickers of the things my kids liked: kittens and birds for one and blocks, cars and trucks for the other.

In the box:

3 boxes of instant pudding (to fingerpaint with)

crayons

washable markers

sponges in shapes of animals and shapes

crayola washable paints

playdough (you can do the homemade kind w/ recipe attatched too)

pre-colored macaronis and shoestrings for stringing

bag of pre-cut foam shapes ($199 for 150 count at Walmart)

non toxic paste (easier for toddlers to work with)

a large vinal tablecloth (for an art mat)

a "Raffi" cd to set the creative mood (any children's music cd wiil do)

a child's size muslin apron with their name written on it (again, at walmart for $1.99)

and a box of clean up wipes (This was great for me, but also provided a great way to teach our kids that cleaning up after fun is the last part of play).

Since recieving these, we have made many, many art, creative and even dress-up boxes for other's birthday parties. We have heard over and over again that these boxes were the child's favorite present. The nicest thing is to hear this weeks or months after the party and to know they are still enjoying it.

As a mom, it was a great start to have such boxes. We added to them and changed the ingrediants of them as our childredn got older of course.

Hope this can be of some help or inspiration for more ideas.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment