Thursday, May 9, 2013

What do I get my friend's boyfriend for his birthday?

Q. My friend's boyfriend is having his birthday soon and I don't know what to get him. Me and him are friends and I don't want to get him anything weird. Nothing a girlfriend would buy a boyfriend hence he's only my friend.

A. Hi sweetie,
Well hun you forgot to tell us your friends bf's age, but I think that a nice watch is usually a good gift for just about any young man, another good idea would be a t-shirt or sweatshirt with his favorite football or basketball team logo on it. If you go with either of these as a gift they will usually like it and will wear it, plus its not anything weird. I hope that this helps out a little. Good luck and take care! J


What does it mean when you give a guy that you like cologne?
Q. Okay, you know when people say, "if you give a man a shirt as a gift, that means that you really like him?" Well, it's this guy that I like and I want to give him a gift for his birthday. So, I decided to give him some cologne. I am not saying that he stinks and I do not want to be overbearing. But, I just want him to know that I really appreciate him. Anyway, is giving him cologne for his birthday too much?

A. Cologne is good. Bet no one else will think of it. If he asks why you got him cologne, just let him know that you thought that it would smell good on him and that you thought that he would like it. Good idea for a gift. Do not let anyone tell you any different. I know if a young lady gave my son some cologne he would definitely get the idea that she like him and he would probably be wearing it all the time.


How do I convince my grandparents to buy me a laptop?
Q. I want a laptop for my 15th birthday. Please do not judge me.

You're probably going to say that not everything revolves around the computer, but while that's obviously true, it's best to take advantage of technology while you have it. I found a laptop for $279, but with this economy, my dad's excessive spending, and my mom's medical bills from her cancer, I doubt they'd be able to afford it. So I was thinking of asking my grandparents. They're my only choice since nobody is hiring and I can't legally work in my state anyway. You're probably going to mention to low lawns and other things, but my parents want me to stay inside for the summer. We only know one other person in the neighborhood but he doesn't need any work to be done.

"Now what's wrong with your computer that you want a new one?"
I do video editing in Sony Vegas and AVISynth so I need a decent computer.

This computer's specs:
1 GB RAM
60 GB hard drive
318 MB VRAM
2.6 GHz dual-core

"You can just upgrade your computer's specs."
I'm aware of that. My parents don't want me to do that and with all the cords hanging out I don't blame them.

"Sell some of your stuff."
Why would I sell stuff that I didn't even pay for? That's just rude.

"Delete some of your programs to free up space."
The only programs on here are programs I use. I have 50 GB of space left so space isn't an issue.

"How have you earned a laptop?"
With my GPA, according to the school handbook, I am eligible to be placed in the high honors classes. Before this grade (9th grade) my report cards were just straight F's. Why? Because I'm naturally a lazy person. To put this into perspective, when I unplug the computer during thunderstorms, the next day, I'm too lazy to get up and wait 10 minutes for the computer to log me in so I wait for either my mom or my brother to turn on the computer. As you can tell, I worked very hard for my grades and I hope this reflects good for my college transcript. I haven't gotten a single demerit this year. In fact, I don't even know what the principal looks like so I guess that's saying something. I am not putting in effort just to get something in case you're thinking about it that way. I'm working hard to get into a good college and to get a pat on the back followed by, "Well I'm proud of ya!"

"Why can't you be thankful about what you already have?"
I am. It's still worthwhile to upgrade once every few years. (My rule is that if my computer doesn't meet one of the requirements for a new Windows operating system, then I consider an upgrade.)

"But still. Why a laptop? Why can't you just settle with a desktop?"
Unless you're a delivery man, I'm pretty sure you're not going to be seen walking around with a 50 pound tower. I also like the portability feature. I'm in a class where we work with Photoshop and if I wanted to work on the project outside of class, I could just walk in, plug a laptop in, and transfer the file over to the laptop. And with my study hall teacher's permission I can just open up the laptop and work on the file.

I think I have good reasons, but I can't communicate my ideas and emotions very well. My grandparents are the ones that get expensive gifts ($150+) so I know that cost isn't an issue. There are a few things though:
1. My grandma is sick and my grandpa hasn't had time to cater to everyone's needs; not even to clean the house. My grandma's been this way for maybe 9 months now.
2. With that being said, I don't know if it would be rude to ask them. I never ask them for gifts unless I spend a long time researching what I want. But when they do get me gifts, it's usually just one gift and I don't have to convince them about why I want the gift. And the gift's completely unexpected, too.
Also, if it matters, my GPA is 3.6 and the most my grandparents spent on me was $200 for a Wii meant to be shared with my brother.

A. Wow since you yourself are asking and answering the questions , I think you are the best judge to find the solution.Since you deserve it , I suggest you ask them.
And btw i got my first laptop at 17.
I personally think you are a bit young to own a laptop.( Just my personal opinion)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment