Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Approximately how much will it take to ship something small to Germany?

Q. I have a friend in Germany, and it was recently his birthday, and I want to send him a late birthday gift. I was thinking of a t-shirt or something of similar weight. I know I can just go to my local post office to find out how much it would cost, but maybe I thought it would be easier to just get an answer on here. Anyone have any idea? The total weight should be about 1lb or less.
Thanks!

A. Pretty likely at least $15. Air mail isn't cheap. Get a Tyvek envelope to put it in. They weigh almost nothing and are very strong.


What are some creative/unique birthday gift ideas for a 16 year old girl?
Q. she's my friend and she's not a super girly girl so forget make up and pink stuff etc etc.
something personalised maybe? idk doesn't matter, anything special please post!

A. Get her a skateboard with her name spray painted on the underside.


What's the most effective way to send a package from the Philippines to Costa Rica?
Q. I'm trying to send a birthday gift to a friend in Costa Rica. I've been checking out the internet on tips how to send packages to Costa Rica and the help I found haven't been that helpful. Please can anyone give me advice? I really don't want this package to get lost, as it has great sentimental value in it.
@clncarplz I've already talked to LBC and they can't deliver to Costa Rica, cause i'm also including a Mike Posner Album in the box.

A. I have always gotten packages mailed within the postal service without any problems. If your friend has a apartado (PO Box) that is good and it can be sent directly to there. If not, you might arrange for them to pick the package up at the post office if there near a town that has one. I use to do that before getting a box. Sometimes route carriers may not be as trustworthy as we wish. I had those packages sent to Lista de Correo to their name. They have to provide proof of who they are to receive it.

You will be asked to value your package... sometimes taxes are paid on things received. Value it low.... most people have no idea what you pay for things up there. The less the package weighs, the better. Or send it in two parts.

If you wish otherwise, the other comments here are fine. Just more costly... but faster. From Miami, its usually about 8 to 10 days. However, just so you know I got a Christmas card marked December 22 on July 4 ! That is highly unusual.

HOP





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment