Saturday, May 25, 2013

What are a good brand of pens to ink comics with?

Q. Alright, so one of my best friends is a great artist and is really into comics, so I thought a good birthday gift idea would be to buy him some good pens to work with. However, while I'm an artist too, I don't typically work in ink so I have no idea what kind to get for him. Does anyone have good suggestions? I'm working on about a $30-40 budget. Thanks for the help!

A. If he is already using a brand of pen, I wouldn't suggest you purchasing anything other than what he already uses. Artists tend to work most comfortably with the tools they know. The risk of you buying something else, for your friend is that he may put them away and never use them.

I have gone through years of using art pen nibs, crowquill, Rotrings, RapidOGraphs and many others, but, I finally settled on plain, old, ordinary, Sharpie Markers for what inking I still do on paper. They are clean, easy to use and, for drawing in the field, are readily replaceable at, virtually, any grocery or convienence store and bait shop all over the nation. If I needed a replacement Rotring, I'd have to go out and find an art supply or stationery store. There might not be one handy in the middle of the Mojave Desert, Yosemite Valley, or the Western shore of Lake Tahoe.

If someone asks me what kind of art supplies they can get for me, I ALWAYS suggest a gift certificate. That way, I can be sure to get EXACTLY what I need.


What are some easy homemade gift ideas?
Q. My friend, age 13, forgot that her sister's 20th birthday was today and doesn't have a present to give her. I need some easy homemade gift ideas for her to make.

A. A picture frame:
Cut out words from a magazine, and deco pauge (no idea how to spell it) onto the frame.

This would be easier if we knew what items she had available to help make a gift. A hot glue gun? What?


Does anybody know what the birthday gift from Sephora is?
Q. I'm thinking of going shopping today, mainly at Sephora. My birthday is coming up and I'm planning on receiving my birthday gift...Does anybody happen to know what it is?
Also, if you had $25-$50 dollars to spend there, what would you buy?
Thanks so much.
When asking what you'd buy, I'm asking for suggestions. (: So if anyone has suggestions of what to buy at Sephora, that'd be amazing. I'm looking for some more, um, unique products. Thanks so much!

A. well i have no idea what your birthday gift is but i do know what i would buy! first i would buy tarte cheek stain i already have it but i want all the colors! haha i love it because its super fast and easy to apply also the color is so pretty and looks really natural.i have the color tipsy which looks very pretty on my beige skin.it costs around 30 dollars its kind of pricey but SO worth it! it last forever and is the best blush iv ever used.next i would buy too faced naked eye shadow pallet the colors are gorgeous and that costs about 35 dollars next i would buy urban decay primer potion.i really like it because it makes my eyeshadows stay on forever and makes the colors look really vibrant and that costs about 18 dollars. well i hope this helps! have fun! :)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment