Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ideas for birthday gift for a bright 4 yr old girl. Would like suggestions for specific toys/games.?

Q. I'm her grandma. I give her lots of books. We have loved collecting Little People but I think she may be outgrowing them. I'm looking for something she might want to spend some time with and probably play with alone.
All your answers are SO great! Thanks so much! She has MegaBlocks which are like big legos. Of course, she has a Cabbage Patch doll and a Cabbage Patch newborn. I've gotten several sets of Fisher Price "Little People." (I love them too.) She does still play with them a lot. She has a great imagination. I'll give her mom a call to help me pick. Your ideas should help me with her birthday and Christmas. Thanks.

A. one of my favorite gifts to give to both boys and girls of ages from 3-8 or 9 is an art pack.

I begin with a fishing tackle type box and in the sections of the top I put in things like small rulers, stickers, roll of tape, colored pencils, pens/pencils, scissors, paper clips, and other assorted supplies. In the bottom or larger section I place things like various sizes of markers, crayons, notepads, other drawing tools like stencils . And then I decorate the outside with the childs name, and stickers.

then in another bag or briefcase(even the paper or cloth ones work well--and the child feels like a grownup when they use it. Inside I place things like assorted types of paper, colored(get good quality) drawing paper (get a few different types some for markers, some just for pencils, and some for painting) and maybe add an idea book or two (but no coloring books)

All of these ideas should also be based on the age of the child. and should be used with adult supervision until you are sure the child will use them correctly and safely.

I have been told fequently that these are sometimes the favorite gift that a child has recieved at a bithday party...it allows them to explore different types of art mediums and gives them good self esteem about their work and encourages them to take care of their things.

My own children also recieved similar gifts from me and always bring them up when they talk about gifts they have enjoyed the most....my youngest hated having to give up her "box" when she went to college--it had been with her since she was about 8 and she kept all of her "special" art supplies in it and hid her favorite pens and pencils in it to keep them from her sister.


ideas for 9 yr old boys army party indoors?
Q. Need great ideas for 9 yr old army party?
my son had a really hard year and has been really strong now it is his birthday and i want to throw him an awesome birthday party he loves army and has since he was 2
need food ideas, decoration ideas, games, gift bag ideas
also there is about 6 inches of snow here and he has health concerns and cant be outside much in the cold

A. My grandson has Army parties every year:) In fact, all he'll wear is camoflauge:) ..... If you have room, set up some tents. They might be happy just watching some movies on tv (Stripes; Private Benjamin - other comedies involving the military). You could serve Pigs in a Blanket in mess kits; with veggies & Ranch dip and chips - or pizza. Luckily, my grandson lives in California, and my daughter has his Nov. parties outside, with a firepit for them to sit around; and they spend the night in the yard in tents (my son-in-law sleeps out there too, and he just retired as a Staff Sgt). If you have a fireplace; and the tents; they could lay there and watch the movies; and just "be boys".....


What are some unique and affordable gift ideas and crafts???
Q. Creative,afforable,unique gift ideas and crafts???
i need help-i have less than 100 bucks to spend on these ppl:

1)My mom who loves handmade and unique things(she gets 3 gifts cause of her birthday)
2)A picky 9-yr old sister(something huge and affordable)
3)A outgoing and energetic grandma that likes to collect everything especially dolls)
4)My 2 friends that i work at the library with(ones a rocker boy and the others a christian girl)
5)The elders at the library(something simple,something that they can put on their desk maybe)

PLZ HELP THANX!!!(and btw,i'm 12 1/2 yrs old)

A. Go to www.gifts.com. When you get there, you can use the shop by personality option which lets you pick whether you are shopping for a man, woman, girl, or boy & then it will take you thru a series of questions to get an idea of what kind of person he/she is. When you get thru that a lot of gift ideas will pop up. Even if you don't find exactly what you are seeking, it'll help get your ideas flowing. Good luck~





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment