Friday, May 31, 2013

What is a good birthday gift for a guy in their mid 20's?

Q. I need a gift idea for a brother/son/family member, not for a significant other. He is very technological and always on the go. That's pretty much all of the information I have haha. Any ideas for gifts for him would be really appreciated!

A. Cologne..something he might not get for himself, you know.

If you know what kind of phone he has, you can get him some apps for his phone...cool ones, of course!


Some DIY birthday gift ideas for my brother who is turning 23?
Q. It doesn't have to be DIY, I just want to know what 23 year olds like as a gift lol. But I prefer DIY gifts because they are cheaper and special.

A. An internal combustion Engine Kit $ 50
acornonline.com


What should I buy or make for birthday gifts?
Q. I know this may sound rather odd, but I try to plan financially everything I do a year in advance in hopes to avoid any surprises in my checkbook. Anyways, what should I buy or make for people next year for their birthdays? I preferably want to give them a homemade gift (what are some creative ideas for homemade birthday gifts?), but if that's tasteless I'm open to almost anything.

My best friend will turn 44 years old

My brother, his girlfriend, and a friend will turn 19

Important friends will turn 21, 23, and 24

My boyfriend will turn 27

A dear male friend who's in prison will turn 23 yrs. old

A brother will turn 50 and a sister will turn 40.

My important nieces and nephews between 2-15

Daddy will turn 75 (my mom is deceased)

My other siblings and friends will receive birthday cards.

Thank you in advance as I greatly appreciate your input and advice.

A. Wow, organization like that is amazing (if a little scary). Only you know your friends, and your talents (some people should never bake anything for anyone), so suggestions really might not be so good.

For those that like them, how about candles? They are easy to make, all you need is some wax (even from old candles), crayons for color, string (dipped in the hot wax, curled around a pencil on one end, weighted with a coin for the bottom of the candle), scent (or unscented - some people like candles but gag @ the smell), maybe one of their favorites (can get samples sometimes, but oils work best), and a quart or half gallon waxed paper juice or milk carton. This also should prob be done in one of those disposable foil pans.

Melt the wax, adding the crayons, scent (or not). Stir. Cut off the top of the carton where it starts to fold, so that you have just the square. Rest the pencil with the string (wick) on top (the weighted end should be at the bottom of the carton. Pour a little wax in to fix the wick in place in the center of the carton. Give it a little time to solidify (about 20 min-1/2 hr. Stick the whole thing in the fridge or freezer if you want to move it along more quickly).

Get some ice cubes from the tray and fill the carton with them. Stir the wax again (the wax should be hot enough to pour). Then pour it into the carton over the ice cubes. Let it cool & set (give it a couple hrs minumum, overnight is best, or do the fridge thing. You don't want to stick this in the freezer or the water in the carton will re-ice). Peel away the carton.

The ice will have created pockets in the candle and it looks pretty cool, certainly not like a factory candle.

For your friend in prison, baked goods sound like the way to go, perhaps lots of cookies he can share. Or a cd?

Ok, I'm off to finish my Christmas shopping for this year, half of which is still undone!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment