Thursday, May 30, 2013

What is the best way to set up a baby shower?

Q. Ive never been to one and never have had to host one before.When/where do I include where the parents are register? Also, I have no idea really where to begin or what to do......

A. Around 30 weeks pregnant i had mine at my home It was mainly women who i invited i sent them all invertations and did a wish list on the argos website and if they wanted to get me a gift they had a choice to get something spontanious or pay for one on their as alot of us have been friends for a long time we have done the same for each other, i put on a buffet and my hubby and dad sorted out drinks and entertained children while we did the girlie stuff, showing off presants, scan pictures, bump,going over baby names showing off my sons new room etc. it was kind of like a birthday party but the presants wernt for me, my mum made a small and very much embarrasing speech about me as a baby and was kind enough to do a slide show of me and my hubby's baby pics. She even took bets on who the baby will look most like. Hope this gets your mind boggling with lots of ideas. let your closest mates know your not feeling to confident, I did im sure like mine they will be amazing and help loads.


What can I make my Dad for his birthday?
Q. We're celebrating my Dad's birthday tonight and I have no idea what to make him for his 40th. I've been thinking for two weeks and still have nothing. I am desperate! I have no money.

I want him to like the gift for the gift, not just appreciate it because I made it.

I am 15, by the way.

Please help.

A. I will never in my life forget the best birthday present ever, I got it from my 2 sons aged about 9 and 10 then...They woke up really early in the morning, set the table , made me and their father coffee-it was their first time doing such a thing- went to the bakers to buy us a cake, decorated the dining table with flowers from the garden, and even became the...waiters, ready to serve us breakfast! It was so touching!! I was so happy that day! The happiest person in the world!


My mom is getting married in 2 days, need help for a short son of the bride speech?
Q. I'm terrible at writing, and I cannot think of what to say.

Could anyone give me some ideas? I have heard that I could mention our happy memories together, and what she has done for me. But even that is very hard for me.

Could someone give me a few general sentences that I could say during the speech? It's a very short speech.

Like "I'm so glad to see my mother so happy with her new husband, I wish them many happy years together, etc."

Thanks!

A. go light: Hello, my name's noob, and I've been asked to give a short
son of bride speech. Now, this is easy for me because I'm short(laugh),
and I'm also the son of the bride, right Mom?(laugh). But, seriously(pause),
I would just like to say that I'm glad my Mom is happy( you are happy,
right, Mom?) and hope her and my new step-dad have a great life
together and remember their short step-son on his birthdays and at xmas,
(unless you're Jewish-if so, switch to another gift-giving holiday-you don't
want to short yourself).They said keep it short, so I'll wrap it up now,and
let's get on to the reception,I'm starving. Good Luck,and God Bless.
Thank you......I hope you're not six-two or something. If so, say this
short son-of bride speech is gonna be a little hard unless maybe I bend
over(laugh). Good Luck.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment