Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What to get an elderly woman for her birthday?

birthday gift ideas elderly
 on ... birthday party ideas! : Senior Moment birthday party gift ideas
birthday gift ideas elderly image



Just Me


My grandma is turning 86 and I want to get her something really special...My mom and I usually get her gift baskets with easy-to-make meals, and handy gadgets to make life a little easier. Last year I got her an aquarium to keep her company since she lives alone. Any ideas? Thanks!


Answer
My daughter asked me what I wanted, I said a portable cd player and some Puccini cd's to play on it ( for when I sit on the patio )

She said " how about an Ipod" LOL, I told her I have enough to worry about without trying to download music.

I got my cd player and the cd's

What are some good ideas for my son's first birthday party?

Q. There won't be many small children there, mostly adults and elderly people, save for a few young cousins. I don't really have any ideas except to eat cake and open gifts. His party is going to be at a park. Should I just do the gift and cake thing then let everyone play in the park? Or should I have games and activities? Working off no real experience as it is my first baby and my sister's child only had a cake for his party


Answer
You don't really need any games, as your son is only one. These are more for when he's in school, and his friends will want to play games. Just remember, boys with birthday parties is much easier than girls. And less expensive!

For a family party, all your main responsibility is to feed everyone, open presents, and send thank you cards afterwards. And since it's in a park, that's a great place for the kids to play anyways. I wouldn't do any more than that.

And besides, if you purchase a lot of stuff, chances are it'll be a windy day anyways. I would just keep it simple. That's the great thing about family parties - everyone just sits around, talks & eats, & tell you what a gorgeous boy he is.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment