Thursday, September 12, 2013

An 11 year old girls Birthday Party?

birthday gift ideas for visiting teachers
 on Must be at least 18 years of age!
birthday gift ideas for visiting teachers image



Mariah H


I need to know what to do please answer best answer gets 10 points and if you really want to get 10 points or help please give me ideas for a present Please and Thank You


Answer
It really depends on what your 11 year old is into.

If she likes animals:

consider taking everyone to the humane society - call in advance and see if it's possible - to visit with the animals and help out. Who knows? You could inspire some of the children to become a vet!

take them to a zoo, with permission from all parents of course and possibly some extra adult help

or if she's into a specific animal and you have it available where you are, go there. like if she is into horses and you know someone who has a stable, take the party there

If she likes cooking/baking:

call a bakery and ask if they do parties or would be willing to do something to where the children can bake their own cookies or cakes or do that in your own home. It will make a mess but it's SO fun.

If she likes makeup and hair and girly stuff:

have a spa party at an actual spa if you can afford it. they can do nails and hair and even makeup

have a spa party in your home with sliced cucumbers, facial masks, makeup, and the like. you can buy a lot of that stuff at the dollar store now. try to stay away from the foundations though in case she has black friends since they would feel left out; set up individual rooms or areas in one large room for different things - hair, makeup, polishes, etc

you can buy kits now where they can make their own lip glosses. also mani/pedi kits. they sell them in the makeup section at Walmart, usually where the lipsticks are, near the bottom

If she's into art/painting/drawing:

buy a bunch of those large pieces of construction paper or pads of whte artist paper and coloring pencils, watercolor, and washable markers and allow the girls to be artistic.

if the weather is good and you don't mind, buy a bunch of sidewalk chalk and have them draw on the pavement. hopscotch is always good and it will keep them active

find a teacher (or a church) you can borrow an easel and small chalkboard or dry erase board from and play Pictionary. You can make up your own cards for this. Have your daughter help so you have a better idea of the things they know about and what they could actually draw.

Rent movies that go along with the theme if it will be a sleepover and the guests will be there for a while.

Make take home bags that go along with the theme as well. No matter how old someone is, they always like to go home with something.

If you have one or can borrow one, get a Polaroid camera and take pictures throughout the party and drop them into the bags before you give them to the girls so they have a memory of it for their photo album or wall. If you don't have a Polaroid or can't afford to do the take home bags as well as everything else, take pictures anyway - of everything and everyone - and then, once they have been developed, have your daughter write thank you notes to everyone. Even if they did not bring a gift, she can thank them for coming and sharing in the celebration. Then add a picture or two to each card, making sure one is of that person specifically.

As far as presents, it really does depend on what your daughter is into and what your family can afford. Children don't always need toys and gadgets just because it's their birthday. Buy her some really cool clothes, maybe some that are a bit more expensive than you would usually pay. Or a personalized jewelry set with her name and birthstone. If this were my child, I would tell her that the birthday party was her big present because they can get very expensive and then maybe take her out to a movie as just the family at a later date. Maybe have the party a few days before her actual birthday if the weekend allows and have her actual birthday as just a family celebration.

how much is appropriate to spend on my boss for her birthday and what to get?




luvmy4boyz


I'm a nanny and my boss is a teacher. Her birthday is this week and I would like to give her something for her birthday. I don't want to do any type of "teacher" gift and I've already considered doing a nice photo of her children but she already has a gift certificate for professional photos of them which she is using next month as they are turning 1 yr then (they are twins).

So I need some ideas, should I do a gift certificate to go eat at her favorite restaurant, to a clothing store? Should I dare to just pick out an outfit, I know her sizes and taste a little since I do the laundry at work but I worry she won't like it or it won't fit right. I thought about a certificate to a salon but she just got her hair done recently and I don't know if she would like a spa thing.

So what should I get and how much is a good amount to spend? If I do a gift certificate to someplace tell me where I should get it for and how much should I spend?. My husband thinks I should just make a coupon for a free night of babysitting but I am not sure that is enough and plus they have family that come visit often on weekends and so they could always go out then.

Some extra details that may help...I've been working for them for 4 months and I get along really well with her. It seems like I've known her longer. She is turning 32 yrs old.

I myself am a mom of 4 boys 14, 14, 11 and 9 who are in school full time.

Thanks!
Well I know she is my boss but in my line of work you do become close, I am caring for her children. I mean, we haven't gone out anywhere or done anything together "as friends" but I DO consider her my friend and we email each other and we talk about things friends talk about like my kids, her kids, her work etc...

I don't want her to feel obligated to do the same for me though so that is something to think about as my birthday is in April and she knows when it is.
desmeran, I like that idea, so I just use fabric paint and any towel? Should I write something too on the towel and if so what would you write?



Answer
I would definitely do the gift certificate for a free night of babysitting. You are then donating your time, not your money, and it reduces the return pressure on her when your birthday comes along. And, seriously, who doesn't want a free night of babysitting? It's a nice gesture, lets her go out, and also shows that you like her kids enough to spend some extra time with them for free. If it were me, I'd be thrilled with a gift like that. Maybe you could also work with the kids to help them make something for her like a kitchen towel with their handprints done in fabric paint or something?


*i am so not a craft person, so i'm really not the person for details. but my daughter did that in preschool, just with fabric paint and a handtowel. it did fade a little when we washed it, but the picture is still there a year later. i might just have the kids write their names and ages inside the handprints (if they're old enough).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment