Monday, February 3, 2014

What to do-- Oh What to do...?




maedaze810


So, we originally planned to get married on 08-08-2008. Great day huh! Well, he wants my parents to pay for this great big formal wedding and I don't think its necessary. We don't ahve the money (I have a toddler that I raise on my own) and he doesn't have much of a savings. (I know I know)

My parents are willing to give around 3,000. Here is our breakdown right now
My Dress 350
Alterations 50
Flowers for Bouquets, centerpieces, church: 600
Bridesmaisd gifts 50
Photographer 600
Cake 300
RECEPTION 20.00/person (limited to 100 people)
Invitations 300
and NO honeymoon

But I really want a honeymoon. So I came up with the idea that we elope and go on a honeymoon and come back and have an informal party. My parents are willing to pay for the trip and have my grandparents and his parents pay for the dinner at the party. It wld cost about 2500.00 total. None of the frou frou just whats important, Me Him our closets friends and family.

THis idea also helps include more people
Because we could afford to feed more than 100. Its a lot cheaper to have a BBQ or Pig Roast than it is to have a sit down dinner at a hotel.

oh, and he agreed to do most of this except the date. Which is the point in all of this. He still wants to August and Is aid Honey, its going to be TOO HOT to have an outdoor party in August. So, I said June and he said No, simply becuase he doesnt like june.

I need help coming up with some ideas! On how to please us both. He wants a lot of people to help us celebrate and he wants a wedding. I want a honeymoon and romance.

:-) Thanks ahead



Answer
Try this compromise:
cheap wedding reception venue, like a private club or organization's party room, could get it for free if a member, or really reduced price. It will be air conditioned, you could have an August wedding.
Nice but inexpensive food, pick one dish like mosstoccoli and salad and bread sticks. Or go appetizers, or small sandwiches. Or even several cold salads[it will be August] and a selection of crackers. Roll in a keg or two, and have something for the nondrinkers. Way less than $20/person.
Do your own centerpieces, try the dollar stores and craft stores for idea and bargains.
Get a cake from the grocery instead of the bakery. Or do cupcakes, even cheaper, and stylish now. Use paper table coverings, they sell rolls of paper cheap.
Then do a three day honeymoon to a romantic spot not far away. There are lots of great scenic spots in my area, with romantic rooms, for not a lot, the highest in the area is $300 a night, for a themed room [like a jungle room] in a hotel, but there are some cabins [think ski resort] near for around a hundred.
I know you would like the romance, but I am afraid someday you might regret not having a wedding and reception.
Gee, a groom that wants a wedding, a rare find, I do not know him or you, but I would take him up on that idea!
Find a cheaper invitations, nowdays the green ecology tree hugger people would love that you did not use the old formal invites with multiple layers of paper..
Consider dumping the photographer for your own pictures, or find someone in the family that does photography.
There is a huge difference in flower prices in our community, the florist a mile from my house would do a nice 12" high arrangement suitable for a birthday for $40, you could not touch a few carnations in a cheap vase for that at another across town. Shop around, and downsize a little, but even I would not skimp on the bouquets for the bridal party, or corsages for honored guests.
Congrats, hope you both get what you want.

How do I translate these songs into Russian?




H�kon


It's my mother's birthday party in a week and my sister and I are singing some of her favorite songs in french and russian. Two of those songs are "Joan" & "Pierre & Marrianne" by canadian artist Heather Dale. (Yes I realize both these songs about french people, but my sister really wanted a chance to sing these in russian.) I would like to know what good "thought-for-thought" translations are. I would try Google translate, but I have no idea how "artistically" accurate that engine is. Thank You. For your convenience, Here are the lyrics:

" I am as God made me, I have no desire, For a mouth at my breast or a pot on the fire, I heed the high voices;I go where I'm sent, To mow down the men who refuse to repent, I'm a scythe, in a field full of briars.

And they won't call me Mother, or Sister, or Wife, They will know me or not by the strength of my life, I will burn with a light of my own. They'll know me as Joan. They'll know me as Joan.

The courage of Catherine, the flames of the forge, Sword of Saint Michael, the blood of Saint George, I take what I'm given, I follow my truth, I gladly abandon the bloom of my youth, I'm the lashing, that falls from the scourge.

And they won't call me Mother, or Sister, or Wife, They will know me or not by the strength of my life, I will burn with a light of my own. They'll know me as Joan. They'll know me as Joan.

I fight where God tells me, I never ask why, I've bloodied the Devil, with steel from on high, I kill without consequence, heed no Man's law. I sift out the righteous like grain from the straw. I am Judgment, and Heaven is nigh.

And they won't call me Mother, or Sister, or Wife, They will know me or not by the strength of my life, I will burn with a light of my own. They'll know me as Joan."

AND

"There was a fair and youthful man
Called pierre le blanc was he
who loved a girl called marianne
who lived in far paris.
One day there came by messenger
a letter in her hand
that begged him come and marry her
and travel across the land.

"ho ho!" said pierre, "my fortune's fair
my lady calls to me!"
He packed his bags upon his mare
and off on the quest went he.

Once in Provence, he met by chance
a man whos back was bare,
"good sir", said he, "come pity me
I have not a stitch to wear.
I'll offer for your threadbare cloak
This blessed and rare acorn
that grows into a silver oak
sure as the Lord was born."

"Ho ho!" said Pierre, "My fortune's fair
to own such a useful tree!"
He tucked it safe in his underwear
and went off cloaklessly.

As Piere rode on, he chanced upon
a man who came beside,
"Good sir," said he, "it saddens me
To see the poor beast you ride.
That nag won't carry you a mile
Then she'll be surely dead;
To save you trouble, give her here
I'll give you this ass instead.

"Ho ho!" said Pierre, "My fortune's fair
To dodge a calamity!"
So off he went on the donkey's back
To travel toward Paris.

As Pierre approached the city gates
A beggar raised a cry,
"By God, it is the King of France!"
And bowed as Pierre rode by.
"Your Majesty, I know it's you
Though you don't wear your crown
For royal men ride as you do
A'jouncing up and down."

"Ho ho!" said Pierre, "My fortune's fair,
Mistaken for King Louis!"
He gave his purse with a lofty air
For the beggar's flattery.

As Pierre rode down the Paris street
A'waving left and right
Marianne came out to greet
her bold and shining knight.
"My dear! I bring you my good ass,
I'm told I ride it well;
I've got a gift in my underwear
We'll share at the wedding bell!"

"Ho ho!" said she, "My fortune's fair
To find such a lusty man!"
So with their wedding ends the tale
Of Pierre and Marianne."

P.S. There is also one stanza from a song "Huron Carol" (also by Heather Dale) that we both would like to sing in russian. Lyrics are:

"Let Christian men take heart today the devilâs rule is done;
Let no man heed the devil more,
For jesus Christ is come
But hear ye all what angels sing:
How mary maid bore Jesus King.
Iesus Ahattonnia, Jesus is born, Iesus Ahattonnia.
Three chieftans saw before Noel
A star as bright as day,
âso fair a sign,â the cheiftans said,
âshall lead us where it may.â
For Jesu told the chieftans three:
âthe star will bring you here to me.â
Iesus Ahattonnia, Jesus is born, Iesus Ahattonnia."



Answer
There is this website called Lyrics Translate (http://lyricstranslate.com/en/how-request-translation) where you can request such a translation.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment