Sunday, February 23, 2014

Vegan birthday cakes?




Jamielovee


Anyone have any ideas for a vegan birthday cake? My birthday is in August and I have no idea what I can eat for my birthday.

Another thing. What is a "milk devirate?" I was looking on a list of ingredients for coffee creamer and it said "milk devirate."

Thanks :]



Answer
I think you should either get yourself some good vegan cookbooks or go online,to google,and type in vegan birthday cakes. I,myself,have made a chocolate pudding cake,a chocolate macaroon cake (also for my wedding),a key lime "cheesecake", a strawberry shortcake,a peanut butter cake, a mexican chocolate cake.
You should also do some research on being a vegan,on the internet,because (no offense) you don't seem to know the "lingo" and that could become really bad for your diet. When you say milk devirate,do you mean deviate? It means that it comes from milk,either it's a milk powder,or has some milk in it.
I said the above,about you needing to do some of your own research,for 2 reasons,one,if you truly want to be a vegan,you need to know what the names of animal products are in foods,such as casein,beeswax,gelatin,and cochineal.
The other reason is for your health. You need to be aware of what you need to be eating a lot of and what you should be eating only a small amount of. A vegan diet is just like any other diet,you need to be well balanced with it. You also need to be sure to get enough of certain things like calcium,iron and B vitamins. These are all pretty easy to get,assuming you eat a lot of different vegetables,fruits and grains all of the time (it's surprising how many vegans live off of chips,french fries and cake). As for Vitamin B12,as I'm sure you've heard about,as a vegan you will need to get a vitamin suppliment and/or eat nutritional yeast and marmite. The reason we can't get vitamin B12,isn't because only meat has it,but becuase we've become too clean. Vitamin B12 is found in dirt,which is how cows,chickens,turkeys and any other animal people eat,get it into their bodies in the first place.
I know that this is a little bit lengthier than the question you asked,but I just wanted to be sure that you are aware of how your diet needs to be and that you're healthy. I hope you find yourself a good recipe for your birthday. Maybe ask for a cookbook for a gift ;).
BTW,depending on where you live,but there may even be a vegan cake shop in your area. I know they have them in NYC,and probably in California.Check your area.

Gift ideas?




revealthei


A close friend's 18th birthday is coming up, and I'm not quite sure what to get her. Her personality can be described as: outgoing, friendly, eco-friendly, pacifist, humanitarian, vegan, etc. I've gotten one small thing for her (a "go green" bag), but, I'm not sure what else I can get for her. Things that are affordable, and preferably that I can purchase at a store, not online. I'm just completely stumped. Any serious ideas would truly be appreciated. Thanks.


Answer
perfume :) I always give it along with something :)

I dont know your price range, but you can get it within all


if you are willing to spend 50 bucks on one, true blue by dolce and gabbana is amazing :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment