Sunday, February 16, 2014

What is an average amount and list of what a woman spends each month?




Lisa G


Recently I have been trying explain to my husband that I want to get more things like clothes and highlights.

What are some monthly expenses for a woman. I am 25, so these are not just what a teen might spend. I am talking like pricing of keeping up highlights, nails, blue jeans, make up, face wash, lotions, tanning... things I'm forgetting...
The main reason I am asking... I am a SAHM and have a 6 month old. I have been married nearly 4 years, and I do not feel like I have enough money for me. Meaning, I get $50.00 a week for groceries, diapers, wipes, all the baby food, our food, all clothes my husband's, mine and the baby... i only get my hair cut twice a year, and my husband complains SO much when I talk about a manicure, highlights, new clothes (i've had these forever). I want him to understand that not only am i extremely cheap... someday down the road I don't want to have to be this cheap anymore.



Answer
Spend your own money on yourself.
Problem solved.

If you are a SAHM then you two should figure out what a reasonable weekly allowance is for both of you.
It's not based on "what you need" it's based on what you can afford and are willing to budget.

We allocate $200 a week to allowance. She gets $120 and I get $80; her allowance is spent on her and the kids that's why its more (ice-cream, trips to the zoo, etc...). If we do something special, like take kids to a carnival, I'll spend some of my allowance on it too and a lot of my allowance is spent on her too ;)
When the kids are a little older we'll pay them their allowance directly and my wife will go back to work and have her own money.
That allowance pays for everything not in the budget. e.g. gifts for birthday parties, gifts for each other etc... If you want something expensive you have to save.

So you get an idea of scale, I make $90k and we live in a small home and both of our cars are now paid off. If your household income is $40k you cannot afford to blow $200 a week.

Get the book in the source and have him read the chapter on material support. "She needs to live comfortably".
Most men, myself included, would live in a box for 10 years if it meant we were millionaire when it was over.
Few, if any, women would be willing to do that.

Help with mother daughter bday party?




Paris


I need some help..me nd my moms birthdays r ten days apart nd there is a 20 yr age difference..I'm turning 30 nd she is turning 50!! Both major milestones..I am having a big combined birthday for us but I need ideas..I need a theme nd a slogan nd party favor ideas!!?? I want it to be fabulous!!


Answer
Actually , I think you could have fun with the difference AND the similarities. What I mean is; you could have the gift table separated with one sign: FABULOUS AT FIFTY and another one, FLIRTY 30. So the presents are separated as well as the theme BUT the decorations could still easily go with princess pink items and decor. On the present table for mom: a poster in the background of like Starsky and Hutch or Meatloaf and for you- well whomever you loved in high school! I would have your background music playing both of your oldies and goodies random like.
Appetizers can be anything BUT i would go to one of those candy bulk stores that have the old fashioned candies and scatter them on the dessert table . They don't have to be separated- your guests get the idea. For a fun game- if you have time- your mom needs to write down the dances she remembers or that you find on the internet for the late 70's and early 80's and you write down the popular dances of your teen years. The 30 somethings have to guess how to dance to your mom's list( by only hearing the name) and her crowd will have to figure out how to dance to your list. It could be really fun. Have your generation music to dance by. If you don't like to dance try doing a trivia contest with each generation having to guess the others television shows. Oh and your overall slogan for the Invite? You are too young- but there used to be a commercial where the young guy grabs the woman and says; wow! Mrs. ..... I thought you were your daughter...... OR you could be the Trophy Wife Party if you are not married- then Milestones Madame's... have fun!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment