Thursday, February 6, 2014

My mom's birthday is today. Does anyone have good homemade gift ideas?




LostLoca


I would like to give my mom a heartfelt gift for her birthday, but something I would make. I will make her a nice card, but i also want something else i can give her. I was thinking of cooking dinner, but my dad and I don't know what she wants to eat. I was also thinking of making a scrapbook or something. Any good ideas are welcomed!!


Answer
Make a nice homemade birthday cake!
That'd be quite cute.
I can't think of anything you can can finish for today.
:/

Cute, homemade gift idea for boyfriend's birthday?




Supernatur


My boyfriend and I are born a month apart, so this year we decided to go away instead of buying each other gifts. We're going 2 weeks after his birthday and 2 weeks before mine for a weekend away.

I really want to make him something that I can give him on his birthday, however, so that he'll know I'm thinking of him anyway. I don't mind spending a little money but not too much, as he'll get annoyed with me for going over the top (we're also meant to be saving a house deposit lol). This is why I thought something homemade (or mostly homemade) could work really nicely.

One of my friends had the idea of making coupons that he could redeem over our weekend away 2 weeks after his birthday, but I wasn't too sure about this idea - what would I put on them? Cooking him a meal is also out of the question, as we don't live together and have other family commitments the weekend of his birthday.

Any ideas?



Answer
Well... I don't know where you're going, what his interests are, or your ages, so it is hard to suggest something.

I've done the coupon idea before. You could make one for a free massage. Or one that allows him to take you to some event that he loves, no questions asked.

Homemade glamour pics are usually appreciated. You can even get them professionally done.

Do you know how to bake? You could make him your own birthday cake or a bunch of birthday cupcakes. If you know how to make jewelry, how about a pendant of some kind? If you know how to write, maybe a poem about the two of you. Or a scrapbook about your shared history. Or a mix CD of his favourite songs, with a homemade cover. Or turn old photos of you both into a calendar (which they can do at many photo labs).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment