Saturday, April 20, 2013

What should I get my mom for her birthday?

Q. Her 40th birthday is Friday and I'm throwing her a party. She is probably the hardest person in the world to shop for! She doesn't really wear jewelry and she is so picky! Any ideas?

A. Get her a hefty gift card for her favorite store or stores--or expensive restaurant. Then she can buy what she wants. So that it doesn't sound like a thoughtless gift, write her a note to go with the card saying something like, "I know how much you enjoy __________ (reading, eating out with your friends, photography, shoes, whatever), and I want to imagine you spending all the time you want to spend looking at everything in the store/on the menu, and then carefully making your selections. It will be a joy to know that you can take your time, savor the moment, and come away with not only the things you love but also an experience you will remember."

If that doesn't fit with your plans, how about tickets to a theatrical performance, sports contest, or other event coming up that you think she'd want to attend?


What to get your birthday for his birthday if he isn't very romantic?
Q. I want to buy my boyfriend a gift for his birthday, which is in just under a month so I was wondering what you think I could get him? I'm willing to spend around £40. He isn't a very romantic person, wouldn't want a date anywhere, couldn't imagine him liking jewellery. Any ideas?

A. video games, clothes, books, netflix giftcard subscription, a nice homecooked meal, sports equipment if hes into that... not sure what else since I dont really know him. good luck.


Anybody have any ideas for a memorable birthday party for a mother?
Q. My mom's turning 40 on Sunday, March 15 and she wants my sister, my dad and myself to make this birthday of hers really special and memorable. We've come up with ideas but nothing that just pops out and is truly amazing. We are kind of budgeted. Does anyone have any ideas?

A. have an easter egg hunt for her. buy plastic eggs and inside them, put money, jewelry, makeup items that fit (nail polish, eye shadow, etc). make your own coupons and put them in to give her time off. do dishes for the week or vacuum, laundry, cook things along that line. Maybe she wants to take art, dance or music lessons. Maybe you can get a gift certificate for cooking lessons. There must be somethings she has mentioned over time that you can fulfill for her. a day of beauty package at a spa. Help her pick out a new hairtstyle. shower her with flowers. each day a new bouquet in the week leading up to her birthdate. hand make birthday and thank you mom cards. get her tickets to hear her favorite singer (eventho the date may be later in the year) and if it is out of town, overnight hotel reservations. maybe she wants a flower bed planted or yardwork done. Maybe have a study or hobby room set up for her. hope this helps.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment