Friday, April 12, 2013

What is a good gift to Give a baby/parents for baby's 1st birthday?

Q. I need some good gift ideas to give for a baby boy's first birthday. I do not want to just give some silly toy from target, but I also do not want to spend more then like 30 dollars. It is for coworker's son. I would really like it to be something for them both to enjoy. Ideas please!

A. You could get something engraved from things remembered with his name on it. Maybe a piggy bank? I liked little ride on toys for my kids. You could also get a nice picture frame for the first year or a savings bond. Also, a cute outfit is nice, but doesn't have much meaning. If you aren't close to the coworker or the child, then I wouldn't worry about it being too personal.


What kind of birthday presents can you make out of bacon?
Q. My coworker is in need of ideas for our other coworker's birthday present. I am making him a birthday cake. My coworker asked what kinds of things he likes, and the first thing that came to mind was bacon. What sort of bacony gift can she make to give to him on Wednesday?

Thank you to all who answer. ;)

A. I think a nice gift would be a sportcoat made of bacon. It would be a handsome piece, and he would be very popular with the dogs. Remember to cook the bacon while he is wearing it so that is shrinks to a custom fit. I recently got some good advice on cooking bacon by using only body heat, so let me know if you need tips.

If you are feeling generous, you could also splurge on one of these hats of meat:
http://www.designboom.com/trash/bse.html


Gift ideas for a coworkers 6 year old?
Q. A friend (and coworker) I know is having a birthday party for her 6 year old daughter. Gift ideas?

A. Hmm, with a six year old I would say anything that has to do with dolls, barbies, dress up, princesses and the like. Just go down the "girl toy isle" in wal mart or target and I'm sure you can find something.
bubbles and crayons and things like that are also nice things that you can throw in with a barbie or a doll or something.
:)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment