Friday, April 19, 2013

What kind of birthday gift should I get for a small buisnesss owner?

Q. My sister is a small business owner and her birthday is in a few weeks. She just started her own cake and cupcake business and i wanted to give her a present that would be useful towards being successful. I was think about getting a small Business advice book...but i want something to add to that. Small Business owners have any ideas? Or anyone else have any ideas???

A. Her business will need business to stay in business and to grow. Maybe buy some beautiful paper and envelopes. Have a nice announcement printed on the paper about her business. Offer to hand deliver to local businesses to entice people to try her business. The holidays are coming - Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and her product could make good company gifts.


What can I get my long distance girlfriend for Valentines Day and her Birthday?
Q. Hi. I am looking to see what I can get my long distance girlfriend for Valentines Day. Even though we are long distance, I spoil her a lot and get her a lot of nice things. I am always giving her gifts that's why I don't know what to get her. For Christmas I gave her a 6 different color nailpolish set, a necklace and earring set, perfume and lotion set and it always had a sleep mask. I have got her 2 necklaces before, and 2 different kinds of perfume before and I have also got her a lot of candy before. Whenever she wants something I try to give it to her that's why I don't know what to get her. I want to have flowers delivered to her house for Valentines Day so I went to 1-800flowers but they are so expensive and I don't have that kind of money... Im only 15. She wants a pillow pet really bad and I am going to try and get her one of those. I saw they had one for Valentines Day limited edition and I really want to get it for her but they aren't in stores and Im going to have to ship it to my house, and then have it shipped to her. Then her birthday is coming up 4 days after Valentines Day. So I also need a gift for that. Can someone please give me some ideas on what I could get her for Valentines Day and her Birthday other than perfume and necklaces since I have already gotten her multiples of those. Something that isn't that expensive and wouldn't cost that much to ship. Thanks for reading all this and thanks in advance. Please and Thank you!!

A. Well, first of all Happy B-day to your girlfriend and awww, you are so sweet for trying to give her the gift she wants. I'm not sure what pet pillows are, so I'm going to try and recommend you some cute gift ideas and maybe you'll find something you can use.

Really cute vintage cats: http://www.zazzle.com/myvintagecats
A really cute Panda message: http://www.zazzle.com/welovedesigns/gifts?cg=196727283136064431
A cute friendly Grim who wants a hug :)) http://www.zazzle.com/imperfectdesigns/gifts?cg=196754022732227180
Maybe something Valentine related would be more suitable? http://www.zazzle.com/coolgeeks/gifts?cg=196090214032706577

Most of them can be personalized with your own text and you can ship the items directly to her place so you'd save some shipping fees. :)

Happy Valentines Day to you both!


What Do You Do On Your Birthday If You Don't Know Anyone?
Q. If you moved to a new neighborhood hundreds of miles from your friends and family and you don't know anyone in your new neighborhood, what can you do to celebrate your birthday?
This question is for a 17 year old high school grad female who is turning 18 in a few days.
She now lives with her traveling sales dad. The dad is a friend of mine, I have no suggestions.
I'm also a traveling sales person. Any suggestions?

A. A card in snail-mail? At least an e-mail or text.....That someone remembered is as important as anything else.

Are you asking for yourself to do? Her dad to do? or for them to do together? What type of dollars are we talking here? Is she on the road and living out of a suitcase?

Delivery of a cake, flowers, or balloon comes to mind - An awful lot of grocery stores do deliveries but, you might find a small catering company willing to do a delivery for an affordable amount; it could even be a delivered grocery store cake. I would imagine that size and/or decor intricacy would not be as important as "Happy Birthday" written across the top.

Does this girl have hobbies or inspirations from which to gather gift ideas? Even so, you might explore the world of digital cameras, on-line developing, and/or even some photo-paper/tee-shirt transfer paper. These things come in a wide variety of costs, help to bridge distance gaps, and can be used into the future. If you have a "few days" and you think she has a bond to the town you're based in...maybe there is something like a tee-shirt, local food stuff, or other local stuff you can send her through the mail. If dollars and/or time are a factor, can you take some pics from town and/or your travels to send her electronically?

Is the 18 year old town based or, is she traveling? If she's town based, you might try tickets to a local museam, zoo, or other activity in her new town. Often these can be found, paid for, and delivered on-line which makes distance giving all the easier.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment