Sunday, April 28, 2013

How soon did you create your baby registry?

Q. I am only 7 weeks pregnant and can't stop thinking about the baby shower! I know it is obviously too soon to create one - I want to at least know the sex of the baby.

So I'm just wondering, at around which week did you create your baby registry?

A. At the risk of ofending everyone here, I didn't and have no intention of doing it - I think it is a horrible gift grab. In fact, I had to finally snap on the obnoxious Sears registry lady who seemed totally offended I was not going to register, especially there! I told her my husband and I can afford everything we need and would prefer if people would just buy some diapers and formula and take that to the food bank - that shut her up! My husband and I are older and financially stable and I hate the idea of registering, giving people the impression they need to buy us something. I have purposely bought everything we need in an attempt to avoid the whole shower thing - so far it's worked! Obviously that is not the case for everyone, especially young couples just starting out. I have always bought baby gifts for friends and coworkers because I wanted to, not becuase of what was dictated to me by a registry. The registry thing is totally getting out of hand - birthdays, christenings, having their first poop, it's ridiculous. That's is just my opinion though. Congrats on your pregnancy!


Is it okay to put a gift idea on an invitation?
Q. It's my son's 8th birthday. He already have a lot of toys. We put his gift idea on his invitation." I am saving for my college, which means cash as gift. We're thinking it's better that way for them to save time and effort to find what gifts to buy. If I were the guest I prepare to give cash so they could buy what he or she realy wanted.

A. I think it's okay, so people won't have a hard time to find a gift. And it is just like a bridal, baby shower registry, no difference. I don't think it's tacky or rude just being frank and for me it is practical.


what is a good way to decorate for a bridal shower?
Q. i have been chosen to decorate for my sisters bridal shower and im not 100% sure how to decorate. Do i have to do like a center piece for the tables and what not this is my first time and i have no idea what to do.

A. First...consider her colors. And decorate in the colors that she is using for the wedding. Yes, you should have a centerpiece on each table, one which one person can win (Closest Birthday to the Bride's Wedding..) etc. will win the centerpiece.
You can also decorate the chair that she will be sitting in to open her gifts.
If you are having a wishing well, or even a pretty decorated whicker basket with a big bow...for those who prefer monetary gifts to gifts on her registry.
Try banners that say: "Congratulations.."Name".
Here's a google search on bridal shower decorations to help you out...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&q=Bridal+Shower+Ideas&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1022&bih=900&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=1PS7T-nGLqad6AH1nMDeCg#um=1&hl=en&safe=active&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Bridal+Shower+Decorations&oq=Bridal+Shower+Decorations&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_l=img.3..0l10.47168.51462.0.51626.15.9.2.4.5.0.120.732.8j1.9.0...0.0.LvTQc5-S-jg&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=bde1fc04dd8aec79&biw=1022&bih=900

Get Creative!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment