Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What are some cute sweet 16 poems/quotes?

Q. I am making my friend a shirt for her 16th birthday and i wanna put a short little saying or poem on the back... any ideas?

A. What is a friend.
It's one soul inhabiting two bodies.
(Diogenes Laertius)

There's a kind of emotional exploration you plumb with a friend
that you don't really do with your family.
(Bette Midler)

The happiest people seem to be those who have no particular reason
for being happy except they are so.
(W.R.Inge)

A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good,
and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad.
~Arnold H. Glasgow

A good friend is cheaper than therapy.

The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away. ~Barbara Kingsolver

There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul. ~Edith Wharton

The best rule of friendship is to keep your heart a little softer than your head. ~Author Unknown

If it's very painful for you to criticize your friends - you're safe in doing it. But if you take the slightest pleasure in it, that's the time to hold your tongue. ~Alice Duer Miller

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive. ~Anäis Nin

Friends are relatives you make for yourself. ~Eustache Deschamps

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Without wearing any mask we are conscious of, we have a special face for each friend. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Journals, 1843

Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Mighty proud I am that I am able to have a spare bed for my friends. ~Samuel Pepys

Hold a true friend with both your hands. ~Nigerian Proverb

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. ~C.S. Lewis

Constant use will not wear ragged the fabric of friendship. ~Dorothy Parker

Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends. ~Virginia Woolf

There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship. ~Author Unknown

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had. ~Author Unknown

The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ~Henry David Thoreau

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. ~Author Unknown

Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~Author Unknown

It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. ~Marlene Dietrich

Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend. ~Plautus

If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give. ~George MacDonald

A real friend is someone who would feel loss if you jumped on a train, or in front of one. ~Author Unknown

Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts. ~Margaret Lee Runbeck, Answer Without Ceasing

It takes a long time to grow an old friend. ~John Leonard

True friends stab you in the front. ~Oscar Wilde

He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare, and he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. ~Henri Nouwen

A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. ~Author Unknown

We are keenly aware of the faults of our friends, but if they like us enough it doesn't matter. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

But oh! the blessing it is to have a friend to whom one can speak fearlessly on any subject; with whom one's deepest as well as one's most foolish thoughts come out simply and safely. Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away. ~Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859

A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. ~Lois Wyse

The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends. ~Gwyneth Palt


Girlfriend birthday present ideas?
Q. Hey,

So my girlfriend is going to be 22 on Monday and I'm wondering what to get her! I have a limit of around £50. There is nothing that I know of that she really needs, which is where I'm stuck.. For previous xmas/birthdays something of hers has been broken and I've replaced it for her.. iPod, mobile phone etc. But now all is working!

So what should I buy her? She loves reading books but I couldn't pick one for her.. maybe an Amazon gift card? :S


Thanks.. :p

A. She might like these books:

The Vampire Diaries series by L.J. Smith
Eragon series by Christopher Paolini
Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Schreiber
Blue Bloods series by Melissa De La Cruz
Cirque du Freak series by Darren Shan
Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
The Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis
Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
Peeps by Scott Westerfeld
Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J. R. Ward (I only recommend this book if you are over the age of 16 and mature)
Night World series by L. J. Smith
Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Angels in Pink by Lurlene McDaniel
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
Post Secret by Frank Warren

But if not try making her a homemade dinner, taking her to a movie, making her a card, a poem, take her on a picnic, really anything cute and romantic like that. I would love it if my boyfriend did that. But if she isnt into stuff like that (but most females are) go with the gift card.


how to enjoy life in peace?
Q. I'm 14. I've always been the quiet, smart, serious kid that always gets work done and gets it done right. I shocked a few people when i decided to do track, even myself considering i have asthma. I'm good at percussion in my middle school's band. last year I decided to do piano lessons over the summer and resume lessons with my teacher, who's mother is a friend of my mother. I'd say I moved at a decent pace. I also tried doing B.S.A after 4 years and want to go to the end.
only problem is, I cant find peace of mind in my life. My parents are in theyr mid 50's and call me out because of the things she cant do with a boot on her foot almost constantly. I enjoy playing on mallets in band, but hate the actual drums because of how boring they are and dont produce music. I stopped piano lessons since I had to focus on school and my church but gonna start after school's out. All the kids in my B.S.A. troop are ignorant, obnoxious, and incompetent for me (theyr mostly in 6th grade, except the senoir patrol leader who is 16 and he is pretty sane). Our leader has trouble controlling them considering they are always shouting and horsing around. I stay away and avoid people because they annoy the hell out of me. I can get real p.o.ed real easy, and that aint a good idea. My science teacher is a real s.o.b (not saying that cuz my grades are bad, even tho i she barely passes me on tests and projects. she works at an alternative school and treats us like the punks at that school) and this one girl is the perfect impersonation of a little 5 year old. stupid, but not mentally retarded or disabled. I dont talk or watch sports, paulie d, or about who's dating who cuz i dont give 2 ***** about it. Cartoons are too childish and those sitcoms on disney are flat. I dont have any fancy apple products because I dont need it and some years dont need gifts for christmas or birthday since nothing good is out, and my 23 y/o sis is completely opposite. so u can say im not spoiled or demanding. Literally, I watch only watch food channel. My mind was set up even before my new HS counselor asked what my future should look like. I dont know how to "lighten up" because I dont believe my life is calm and slow with all the responsabilities I have to bare. how can I and do i ease on life?

A. One opinion: you have some problem with mother's love as respect and caring for you.
You've moved to a more independent activity level, and B.S.A. is a good choice for "running and completing a program."
Church-going is good; if you're able to read some Scripture in the kind of phase change that Spirit brings, that is indeed a good sign.
Your sentence pattern may indicate some mild "attention deficit" issue. Talking with the licensed counselors at 1-800-525-LOVE 24/7 re this possibility is worthwhile, as AD relates to "less peace," and may reflect your more independent activity level challenges. Their general website is http://www.klove.com and they keep good lists of conservative-re-prescribing-meds local counselors.
Meditation, gardening, and regular walks in safe nature places are good for calming and peace.

So, would suggest you "cowboy up" and talk with a counselor at the 1-800 number, and maybe read The Great Divorce, C. S. Lewis for some general Christian insight as to how people attain more calm. At 14, the pattern is to begin focusing on career (not to mention girls: kindly read For Couples Only, Shaunti Feldhahn), and some of the basics for career/study are personal calmness, happiness, balance. Please see They Call Me Coach, John Wooden, for some good guidance therewith. The B.S.A. is actually very educational and worthwhile: "Be Prepared" (and anxious for nothing, as the Scripture says) actually works well as a life motto :)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment