Sunday, April 28, 2013

Any ideas for an 80th birthday party celebration?

Q. I need help on gift ideas, and unique decorating, etc. It's my mom's birthday and we have rented a room at a resturant. What do you thonk of pictures of my mom during different satges - little girl, teen, wedding, etc? Thanks for all answers.

A. a picture board is a great idea- I did one for my moms 60th party and she had a great time showing off her pics to everyone! Go get one of those tri-fold display boards and put tons of pics of her throughout the years on it- or you can make a slide show and play it on someones laptop computer- whichever works better for you. For decorating I just used my moms favorite colors- pink, purple, and silver accents- we had fake flower petals scattered down the center of the tables and a set of pretty candles next to a vase of lillies. I also found small travel candles for 50 cents and had one of those at each table setting as a party favor for the guests. We had balloon arrangements all over the room and hung streamers and some birthday banners too. I had also found on Ebay a book all about the year she was born and we had that on the picture table so people could look through that also and I found a Life magazine from th week she was born on there too (I gave that as a gift to her and she loved it).
so as far as decorations- go with something that you think she would like, maybe vases of her favorite flowers all over, or make it a theme relating to her favorite hobby and decorate along those lines (gardening, bingo, quilting- whatever!) This is a good time also to get some family pictures taken so make sure to gather up the whole group before people start to leave to get some good family shots.


What are some good gift ideas for a grandmother's birthday?
Q. My grandmother is in her 80's and recently went through some major surgery. She loves pictures but she has a ton of them along with random knickknacks. She lives in an apartment now so she has limited space. Any ideas for a birthday gift are appreciated.
My father actually got her a digital picture frame for Christmas... Thanks though! I think it might actually be one of her favorite gifts.

A. Make her a really nice photobook using Smile Books software. The software is free but you have to pay for the book.


What is the best gift for a boyfriend?
Q. ok so i need to get my boyfriend a birthday gift, and he has way more than enough clothing,sneakers,and jewelry. He's really not into the
iPod and those other music players, so i'm really out of ideas... I'm already taking him out to eat, and surprising him with a birthday cake and card. But i also want to give him a gift...so let me know any ideas!

Oh by the way we've known each other for almost 4yrs, but have been dating for about 2yr now. just in case you needed to know.

A. Overstock.com sells brand-name stuff at seriously discounted prices like ~80% off and they everything for only $2.95. I have been using it to buy gifts or just get ideas for many years now.

Some of the stuff I grabbed from their site that they have includes:
bed-and-bath, home decor, furniture, handmade goods, kitchenware, watches, jewelry, computers and electronics, sporting goods, apparel and designer accessories, books, magazines, CD's, DVD's, videocassettes and video games

The deal below gets you some $$$ off if you spend more than $100 bucks.

Hope this is helpful.

http://bit.ly/OverstockDeal





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment