Monday, April 29, 2013

What do I get my nephew for his 12th birthday?

Q. My nephew's 12th birthday is in a few weeks and i'm clueless as to what to get him this year. He's not a normal 12 year old. He has mild cerebral palsy, and because of his mother, hardly ever stays home anymore because she's always dragging him all over the place. A video game is the obvious answer but I don't want to get him anymore mind numbing gifts. He loves to play outside and has the mindset of an 8 year old or so. Any ideas?

A. Some sporty stuff like soccer balls, baseball bats, roller skates. Or paints, model rocket, quiz books. For the long car rides with his mom


Any ideas for a sweets (ice cream, candy, desserts etc.) inspired birthday party?
Q. I'm having a birthday party for My 7 and 8 year old nieces. They want a sweets inspired party. Does anybody have any ideas, or know anywhere that I can buy sweets inspired decorations etc.?

A. Oriental Traders sells loads of the sweet decorations.

You might want to have a "Make your own sundae" party. Have several flavors of Ice Cream and all sorts of toppings for the girls/boys to put on. Have whipped cream available and most definitely large bowls.

You can used crushed oreos, sprinkles, nuts, cherries, M&M (minis) and anything else you can think of for the toppings.

Make up treat bags, but I would limit the amount of sweets. Some parents may object. You could put in gift certificates to McDonalds, Burger King. I know that they use to have booklets you could purchase.

If you know of someone that would like to come in and give the girls a manicure/pedicure, that would be fun. Or have someone paint faces. Girls love that! Or how about playing dress up. Go to a second hand shop and buy some inexpensive clothing and hats and have them dress up.

Hope this helps.


Birthday gift for an 8 year old girl that Ive never met?
Q. One of my good friends got married about 2 years ago and tomorrow she's having a birthday party for her husbands daughter from a previous marriage. I don't know anything about this girl but think it'd be rude to show up without a gift. Any ideas?

A. Here is what my little 8 year old sister says
BAby dolls
BArbies
Jewelry
Girl stuff
she says It depends about her personality she says to call





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment