Saturday, April 12, 2014

Gift idea for 80th birthday?




Caleb's Mo


My grandmother will be celebrating her 80th birthday next month. I need a good gift idea. We give framed pictures of our kids a lot, so that 's out. My grandmother (and grandfather) are still in good health and fairly active. They love music. They still go around and sing (my grandfather plays guitar) at various nursing homes for the "old people" as they call them. I'd like to give a sentimental gift, if possible, rather than something practical, as she really doesn't need anything.


Answer
For my grandfathers 90th birthday we made a scrapbook with some pictures but mostly of stories or memories that we shared with him. Things that reminded us of him, times we shared, things he shared with us. We have a fairly large family... My grandfather has 4 children, 9 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren so there were lots of stories and memories to put in. We live all over the country so the book was mailed all over and each person filled in the things they wanted to and then it ended up with me and I brought it with me to our family reunion. Even if you don't have a lot of people and just did this with your family it would still be cherished.
Another way you could do something similar is by creating a photo book at http://www.snapfish.com You can pick the size and cover and then you just upload your pictures and you can add captions. They turn out much like a coffee table book. I was extremely happy with the one I made.

Gifts for birthday? ideas?




Taylor


My boyfriends birthday is on the 10th. He is turning 17. I have no clue what to get him, and right now I am finishing up this semester 4 hours away so I won't be able to see him in his birthday, I am sending it via. Mail. He told me his favorite team is Yankees. His favorite sports player is Derek Jeter. His favorite candy is starburst. His favorite food is pizza, and his favorite drink is mt. Dew. What could I get him? What is a cute way to send it via mail?He also plays sports, football and baseball. He lives in Alabama. Likes to fish, hunt, mudding. Likes Alabama football team. So I need ideas for gifts, and mailing. Thanks :)


Answer
This may take much of your time but I suggest maybe you could get him all of the things you've mentioned. Maybe send him a box with a card explaining the gifts you sent him and why you sent him these gift. I was thinking you could pack a baseball shirt (with the Yankees label on it), a pack of starbusts (so he has something to eat on his birthday), a few cans of Mountain Dew and maybe even a nice framed picture of the both of you with a letter on how much you love him (just so he will remember you much more on his birthday). Anyways, it's the gifts from the heart that matter and I really think he'd appreciate all the effort you put into putting together this gift and mailing it to him.

Hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment