Tuesday, April 29, 2014

what can i do for my boss/friend to make her birthday special?

Q. I run a law firm. My boss is an attorney that I have know for a long time, and I have been running her office for a year and a half. She really goes overboard for holiday presents. My birthday was about a month ago. A month or so before my birthday as an early b-day present she got my family tickets to a show we wanted to see but could never have afforded ($250). She elaborately decorated my office for my b-day, it was my 30th, she got me a cake, and gave me a card with cash ($30). Now her birthday is next week. I want to make it special, but I am always broke. I raise a whole family (husband who has been out of work for a year due to economy, 6 year old, myself) on my salary which is modest. She is a busy woman who has no time for hobbies or reading, she is on a diet and lost a ton of weight. She dresses well so clothes would be hard to pick and expensive, and I don't know her current size. What can I do to show that she means a lot to me? I need to come up with something meaningful yet cheap and I am stumped. Any ideas other there? So far I am thinking some nice balloons and baking a chocolate cake, but what kind of gifts can I get on a tight budget?


Answer
Aww, she sounds really nice! Maybe you can do these:
- Go to a dollar store and buy some cheap decorations, then decorate her office and have all of your co-workers sing Happy Birthday to her.
- Can you sew? If so, then maybe you could sew her a shirt or a balnket or something.
- Buy her a coffee mug that has a cute phrase on it, like " My boss is my best friend" or something like that.
- Go to an outlet store and buy her a cheap, nice looking purse or wallet.
- Buy her a calander. Does she likes cats? Then buy her a cat calander. Does she have a dog? Then buy her a dog calander. A calander is great because she can keep track of things in the office.
- Ask her what makes her calm. Is it the spa ? Is it the beach? Go buy some paint and a canvas and paint her a picture of that, so she can hang it up in her office. Whenever she is having a bad day she could look up at that painting, and think about what makes her calm, and she will think about what a great friend you are!
- Take pictures of all of your co-workers and offices and stuff and make a scrap book out of it. You can buy a disposable camera, and go to the craft store and buy some things to make a scrapbook! Maybe your son could help too!

Those are just some of the many things that you could do for her birthday, but anything that you do will be special because you are her friend! You don't have to get her something expensive, you just have to show her how much you care for her!

Good luck!!!


Hope I helped!!!!

Friend turning 30, any birthday gift ideas?




AsianEyes


Hope you can help me. I'm looking for a gift to give my friend. She's going to be turning 30 soon. We've known each other since high school, but I'm still not sure what I should get her. What's a good gift to give a 30 year old woman? Any ideas would be a big help.

P.S. If you give suggestions of a certain item, please add a favorite brand name. I'm really clueless when it comes to gift giving, so that would really help me out, too.

~Thanks!~



Answer
I think this is such a cute creative idea. I will be giving this as a gift to my boyfriend soon. You may go to Kinkos and give them a picture that both of you are in it. Then tell them to make it into a puzzle. Once you give it to her she would have to put the puzzle pieces together and it will come out to be a picture of you guys. I think its a very cute idea but I think this wouldnt be enough since you two have been friends since high school. You may go to a spa and buy 1 spa session for her or she could get a facial done.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment