Friday, April 11, 2014

Gift Ideas for a Girlfriend? Long distance relationship!?




ZAIDLFC


I'd appreciate some serious answers.

I don't want a big gift, and nor would she. We've been dating for about 2 months and her birthday is coming up. We've been great friends for over a year so we know each other fairly well, but I rarely, if ever buy gifts for girls. I'm looking for simple practical gift ideas because I don't want it to pass by with me doing nothing, but I'm drawing up blank.

It needs to be something I can possibly mail as we live far away from each other (yeah boo, hiss, long distance relationship. Get over it we're not immature, we count the loves not the miles). Ideas would be appreciated.

I was thinking about sending her some chocolates and a stuffed toy (teddy bear), along with a hand written note. But I can do more :)



Answer
Well, the best gift is usually something that is both cheap and personal. for example I dated a guy online in Sweden. And for my birthday he bought a small stuffed moose from a souvenir shop and put things on it that reminded me of him. He sewed a mini swedish flag onto it, a scarf that had the swedish flag colors, and added a top hat (he had an interesting way of dressing, usually including vests and business shirts even though he was 18, so I always joked that he was dressing up for me whenever we talked on skype even though it was how he normally dressed) and a rose. It was the cutest gift I ever got, because it was so personal, and it reminded me of him. We broke up, but whenever I look at the moose I think of him :)

So yeah just put things together that remind her of you, it's cheap and still a great gift :)

Long Distance Relationship Birthday Gift?




sdogg_41


SO i met this girl a couple months ago but she lives like 12 hours away from me. We talk every night and have a lot in common but we're not like dating or anything (i think we both know we could never be in a serious relationship). BUT her birthday is next week aand i was wondering if anybody had any ideas of something realy sweet i could send or do?? (ladies?)


Answer
Here's something creative that will be appreciated and you will have fun doing:

Make up a crossword puzzle and have all the hints be personal inside moments and jokes that only you two would know about. Put it on a poster board and add some clipart and some pictures to it!

The crossword puzzle could be time consuming and a bit frustrating ... you could do the same idea with a WORDSEARCH or WORDFIND puzzle.

Put your computer skills to work! Use Excel, get clipart from Yahoo Images Search, copy them, and reformat them, use a gluestick to put on posterboard.

Use graph paper, and pictures from magazines if you are not as good on the computer, and it will give it a homemade feeling.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment