Monday, April 7, 2014

Birthday gift ideas for my friends mom?




Taylor


Shes 42 but acts, and looks more like her early 30s. Very sweet, very fun, always there for me, she's more of a mom to me than my own mother is. I want to get her something special. Any ideas?


Answer
Aw, that's cute haha
Here are some suggestions:
1. try to get something that relates to any inside jokes or fun memories you've had with her. That way, it is something she will forever remember you by because of that one special moment.
2. get something that you two or three (you, your friend, and her mom) can do together. It can really be anything but make it special and fun...like go see some sort of concert or program like Blue Man's Group, and then head out for dinner and some ice cream or something. I mean, objects are nice but it would be more memorable to actually do something she likes together.
3. A lot of my friends like to give their mothers pre-paid passes to nice spas and saunas around where we live...it may be alittle on the expensive side but if she's really that close to you, it may be worth it! It will give her time to herself and maybe one or two of her friends (or even yourself!) and let her get away from everything.

Hope this helped! Lis

Birthday Gift Idea's for Mom's 50th?




KittenCats


Hi! I'm 13 and i really want to get my mom something that she will remember for her 50th birthday. If you could give ideas for some expensive gifts and other that are like 10-15 under that would be great! She doesn't wear makeup or perfume, she likes to read and she loves her animals, please dont seggest more animals because we cant do that. Also my older sister can drive me places, if i need her too. But i want her to have the best birthday and look at me like i the best daughter ever! Please help(:

Thanks. (:



Answer
Get a casual photo of your family & have it blown up to maybe a 5x8 size for framing.

You could have a party for her, surprise or not. Sometimes the pizza places will have a party room free of charge if you have at least 20 people. Might be that they have both pizza & pasta. That's the kind of party we had for my 50th. One all-you-can-eat buffet place in my home town had a party room, & my mother arranged to have a family reunion there.

If you want it to be a surprise, then tell her you're taking her out for pizza or whatever, then when she gets there, everybody's there. Could be both friends & family, even those coming from out of town & maybe you mom's co-workers, too.

However, when it was me, I figured out that a friend was doing a surprise party, & I told her I preferred just a party & not a surprise. I made a game of comic strips from newspapers, using white-out over the punch line for people to fill in with their own, laid out & photocopied from a single page & mailed with invitations. It was a contest, but I should have had everybody just pass them around instead of having judges. I do think one or two games is a good idea. Just give everybody little party favors, though, & not prizes for a contest that somebody has to judge.

I also wanted to do a sing-along for both kids & adults. I wanted to type out & print copies of the words of well-known songs. My friend said we should just ask the kids what they wanted to sing, & they would know the words. It never happened, & the kids just colored at the kids' tables on the pictures these places always provide. You couldn't have it very loud anyway.

Someone made my favorite huge apple cake for me, & that worked fine, cleared with the restaurant when we made the reservations. The restaurant supplied us with a stand & the plates for it by our pre-arrangement. Also, arrange to arrive 30 min. early to put up a few balloons & make sure it's all set up. You can buy or make decorations that say Happy 50th. Just get very few that you can hang & take down in 5-10 min.

This, of course, would be expensive, but in this case, you could get away with getting families to pay their own, with you just furnishing the cake. Or you could furnish pizza, with people paying for their own if they ordered anything else, like salad or pasta. You could also pay for drinks. Just figure out what you can do & let people know on the invitation. Invite about 100 people in order to get 20. That's how it was with me anyway. Let people bring kids because then more will be able to come, & besides, kids are fun sometimes, too.

Be ready, of course, to stand up & say something to the group, thanking them for coming & saying something about your mom, maybe just before singing Happy Birthday & cutting the cake. Your mom would probably want to say something, too. Whatever you each say, make it short, like 1 minute & not 5. Have someone corral the kids away while you're talking. With me, I just asked them sweetly to wait while I spoke, & it worked because I made it fast. Of course, you'll want to take some quick snapshots, too.

Either you or your sister should bring a clipboard or notebook & make a list of anybody bringing gifts so your mom can write thank-you notes afterward. For people on email, once again thank everybody who attended, too, especially if they paid for their own.

Happy 50th to your mom. It is indeed a special birthday that will be remembered.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment