Thursday, December 12, 2013

What are the latest trends in fashion?

birthday gift ideas tumblr
 on ... ideas for christmas gifts, bedroom ideas, room decorating ideas, room
birthday gift ideas tumblr image



oX-Stacey-


My friend is really into fashion, and her birthday is coming up.

I really wanted to get her something that is really in style at the moment, like the Moschino belt, but that is soooo expensive.

Any other ideas would be awesome.



Answer
I love the Moschino belts but they are pricey. Does she like watches because Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs have nice ones,they are in.Chronograph watches from any place would be nice though,try matte black or rose gold. They are a bit cheaper than a Moschino belt.The YSL Arty Rings are very cute too. I'm sure she would like rings from other places,expecially the longer edgiers ones that you can get at inexpensive places like Aldo,Nordstroms,etc. Stacks of bracelets like this http://splashofashion.tumblr.com/post/10952013758

This is me personally (and I'm REALLLY REALLY into fashion-I could probably beat any teen girl),but since I am a bit choosy about what I wear my friends just get me a gift card to my favorite stores:Zara,H&M,Forever 21 and Nordstrom.Or get her an AmEx Gift Card so she can go online shopping too.

If you are determine to get her an actual gift and want something even cheaper though,try Chanel's Fall 2011 nail polishes or a YSL lipstick. I'm sure she'll love that too.You can also get satchels (like the Proenza Schouler PS1 bags)at places like H&M,Zara,and Aldo for less.

As far as trends go
-Color Blocking
-Leather (Leather tees,skirts,etc)
-70's
-Oversized Knits
-Mensware Style clothing
-Tweed
-Plaid/tartan
-Wide Legged Pants
-Suede Heels
-Shearling Jackets
-Mod
-Platform shoes
-Polka Dots
-Lace
-Bright Colors

Hope I helped:)

How should I redo my room?




Megan


Ok. I want my room to be really unique. Like something that's never been done before. Here's what I have in my room:

*It's medium size. I have a window across from my door, and a medium size closet*

• A twin-size bed. It is white metal an has a headboard and footboard
• A desk that matches my bed. It has a wooden top, a metal shelf underneath, and white metal legs
• Two white nightstands with drawers and shelves between the legs
• A dresser that matches my nightstands
• A pink, furry teacup chair
• A wicker chest (I'm going to store it away)

Just for the record, I like pink, purple, blue, and lime green. I like art, fashion, and I play the violin. I am in 7th grade.



Answer
Hi Megan,

If it's "unique" you want - then unique advise you will get! I suggest a focal point. If you put something on a wall or area of your room that is really eye catching and different then you have accomplished unique.

Consider painting a GIGANTIC violin on a focal wall! Or purchase a decal, create large art pieces, etc. Doing this will definitely be a nod towards your interest in art.

http://www.imagekind.com/violin-art?IMID=c51a3ffa-2831-4f23-a79e-2d85b4d131c4
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Modern-Abstract-Large-music-Violin-Oil-Painting-On-Art-Canvas-2pc/671486898.html
http://wanelo.com/p/1675457/violin-wall-art-handmade-shabby-chic-mosaic-wall-hanging-center-piece-music-gift-chic-on-handmade-artists-shop
http://www.houzz.com/photos/1146266/Wall-Vinyl-Sticker-Decals-Art-Mural-Cute-Violin-Silhouette--decals-

I have no idea what a pink furry teacup chair is but it sounds fantastic if it really looks like a teacup!

Too many colors in a room can be too busy and end up being not relaxing. That's not to say you can't use many colors - just be wise in where you put them. Such as, putting all your colors in a piece of art or in fabric is good but then take one or two of the colors from that and paint your other walls and furniture. You want everything to flow around the room so put a little of one or two colors around the room in furniture or items so your eye naturally moves around the room.

Consider painting the metal items in your room black (violin strings) and paint all the wood items wood toned (body of violin) Doing this will make your room have a unified look.

If you do end up doing a colorful focal point, take one of the colors and purchase bedding in that color in something with texture. Since your teacup is pink - if you get a bedspread in pink, get it in something that's nice to touch (since you will be laying on it). "Monochromatic" in design means shades of one color - which is a great look especially if you do various shades with various textures.

Consider getting window blinds (wood or rattan) that go along with the other wood tones in your room.

I imagine you might know who Mark Wood is - and if you like him consider putting up a framed photo of him as a conversation piece for your visitors. Also, you could make a pillow for your bed with his "Electrify Your Strings" logo on it.

http://lzork.com/orkipedia/index.php?title=Electrify_Your_Strings
http://www.instructables.com/id/Inkjet-Printing-on-Fabric/

Personally, I like wicker because it's a great natural look - and - you could get window blinds to match!

Here are some other ideas:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/769055-ruby-and-mia-s-dorm-zoe-and-lexi
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitchblasted/launch-bitchs-new-project-beach-violin-indie-elect
http://sharlenesutanto.blogspot.com/2011/09/want-these-on-my-birthday.html
http://bsps1-a.tumblr.com/post/29483981163/my-wish-list

Also, consider hand painting Bible scripture around the top of your room as crown molding or as a "handrail" in verses about music. After all, your talent comes from God.

I hope these ideas inspire you and give you some direction.

Blessings,
Grandma Sue




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment