Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What is a present for a teen on her birthday?

birthday gift ideas for readers
 on Create a thoughtful birthday gift with a few basic craft supplies.
birthday gift ideas for readers image



WEIRDOFREA


I don't know what I want for my birthday.
Originally I wanted to go skiing but my brother said it would interfere with his school work. Now I can't go, and I don't know what I want.



Answer
Any theme parks in your area that you want to visit? Gift card to your favorite store? Maybe ask for a new gadget, like a camera, e-book reader, something that relates to your interests.

I'm a guy, don't have much of an idea what girls want. At last resort ask for money, but you might seem rude if you do so, if you have parents that don't like to give money as a gift.

Birthday gift ideas for my son who is turning 7?




WriterMom


Not video games (he has enough of those!) or music (he's not interested in it yet).

Thoughts?



Answer
Books are such a great present!! Do you know the books (series of about 6 books) by Dav Pilkey? They're called "Captain Underpants" and boys that age love them. They are pretty funny and not at all awful but pretty well done. Just the right reading level for a kid who can read on about a 2nd grade level but, maybe you can read them to him. There's also a picture book called "Walter the Farting Dog" which, as you can imagine is a great hit with 7 yr old boys too.
If he's a good reader or you are looking for chapter books that can be read to him, Judy Blume has a group of books about a kid named Fudge and his older brother and the antics they get into together. Very clever and well written. The last one I'm going to recommend is by Robert McCloskey and it's called "Homer Price" and it's also a chapter book and it's about the same reading level as Judy Blume's books. It's about a kid growing up in rural America in like 1940 or even a little earlier and all the silly and very funny games and tricks and craziness they get into in the town.
I know you probably have to get him other stuff besides books but, do try to include some because they last long after the toys do!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment