Monday, June 3, 2013

Where is a good place in Houston to have a 3 year old birthday party in spring time?

Q. I'm planning my 3 year olds birthday party it isn't until March but I want to be prepared so everything is not last minute any ideas. by the way she's a girl.

A. I wouldn't waste too much energy. Maybe a bounce house at the park. Save it for the big ones, like 5, 10, 16. I hate that kids come to expect more bells and whistles the older they get. A birthday at home with cousins could be just as fun and memorable and save a lot of mama stress. I've had friends who invited us to a park date and didn't tell us about the birthday, but just brought cupcakes. I thought it was really sweet and appropriate to just keep it mild and not make people feel guilted into buying a lot of presents. I know people who are on a budget and make of policy of turning down birthday invites cause they can't afford gifts for all the times they are invited.

Keep it simple, you won't regret it.


Best way to explain Christmas to a 3 year old?
Q. What is the best way to explain the true meaning of Christmas/Jesus to a 3 year old. I know to keep it simple, but I'm not sure how to word it! Any ideas? Nothing silly please!

A. I don't think they are going to understand too much. My daughter is 2 1/2 and only thinks of Santa. With my 6 year old we try to just tell him that Christmas is the day Jesus was born to take away all our sins (the bad things that we do) and we give gifts to each other to honor Jesus like the 3 wise men did when they brought gifts to Jesus. I know some people that make a birthday cake on Christmas day and sing happy birthday to Jesus to celebrate.


Gift ideas for someone who travels a lot?
Q. I'm looking for some good birthday gift ideas for my boyfriend of 3 years. He travels internationally for his job quite often. Sometimes is gone for a few days, sometimes more than a month. Any ideas for a good gift?

A. This may sound totally childish, but I think that a Nintendo DS would give him many, MANY hours of entertainment. If he's even remotely interested in video games, he will treasure this. This is all I can think of actually. And remember: you're *never* too old to play video games! LOL





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment