Thursday, June 20, 2013

What should I buy for my mum for Mother's Day?

birthday gift ideas perth
 on ... Juicer! Make Sauces, Dressings, Frozen Treats, Juices... Perth deals
birthday gift ideas perth image



Jessie


I only have $100 budget seeing as my mum and I are saving to go to Perth in November for my 18th birthday and I dont know what to buy her. She isn't really much for jewellery so I'm not gunna buy her any and she has heaps of bathroom stuff like candles bath salts ect. and heaps of teddy bears. What should I buy her?? Any ideas?? Nothing sexual please cause that's just eww.


Answer
Gift certificate to a Spa or a Nail Salon.
Take her out to dinner.

My favorite gift ever from my children was a framed portrait of my daughter and my son. I still cherish that portrait. One year they gave me a Mother's ring with the birthstones of each of them, and mine in the middle. That may be out of your budget for this year, but could be an idea for another year. You could do a necklace, a bracelet, or a ring.

50th birthday suggestions...?




guitardrum


I need some ideas for both things to buy and party ideas for my dad.

He grew up on a farm overseas in Canada, then he moved right around the world when he got married. He hasn't made any of his own friends, only about 5 guys that are just married to my mums friends, n they're not really that close. He spends most time working, and he doesn't have many interests - TV, American/Canadian sports that he can't watch here, computers thats it. We thought about getting him a ticket back for a while at Christmas (around his bday) but he's only just started a new job, so we're not sure if he can get much holiday leave yet, n we don't have much money either and its a lot more expensive than we'd normally spend. The only thing he's said that he wants is a new TV, but its expensive and my mum wont get one for him, noone else wants it. I thought we should try and get him something like what he used to enjoy when he was younger, like tickets to a concert, or hire a motorcycle if you can do that (I don't know if his license would have expired, probably coz he's in another country after 30yrs). He used to do lots of that, he spent nearly 10 years travelling, going to bars n concerts, riding bikes etc. n he talks about it a lot still. Problem is not many bands he was into come to Perth, last thing he went to was a Pink Floyd tribute. We always have trouble with gifts, the last few years we've got DVDs and chocolates, we don't really want to do that again though. He likes golf but he stopped a while ago coz its too expensive and takes too much time, and all the people he used to play with dont contact him anymore. Doesnt really like expensive things like watches or anything, he's more interested in stuff like what he was used to in the country I guess. We've come up with a few people to come to a party but I'm not sure that he'll enjoy it that much, he seems to want to ignore it but that might just be coz he knows there's no-one much to admittedly he's not the greatest guy but I still wanna do something like what he used to do before he came here. Any ideas?
we're not exactly one big happy family either



Answer
tom1thomas1, I have a few suggestions. TVs are expensive, maybe start a savings account for one. You may not be able to purchase one now but, over time it can be added to. Material things will eventually disappoint us, a gathering might have the greatest satisfaction (even though it may not be realized now). Being one big happy family is ideal but, we all have struggles. Enjoy each other while you can! Gather around him, ask him about times in his life, and encourage each other.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment