Thursday, June 27, 2013

What should I get my Parents for Christmas?

birthday gift ideas 60 year old woman
 on 60 Year Old Birthday Cake Ideas 800x800 Jpg - kootation.com
birthday gift ideas 60 year old woman image



Elisabeth


my mom loves crossword puzzles.. games.. she's not into lotions or perfumes chocolates or movies etc... so its kinda hard.. i already got her crossword books and stuff for her birthday..

my dad likes... lol his computer.. lol jk uhhh.. movies, like really really good ones not just any movies.. he likes johnny cash, i already got his walk the line so thats out lol.. and he has a ton of johnny cash cd's..

i just have no idea what to get them anymore.. i want to get them something nice that they will appreciate.. i just don't know what yet...

anything unique? that's nice!
they're both in their late 50's early 60's



Answer
You could get your mom a gift card for a book or puzzle store, or does she like magazines? You could get her a magazine subscription to an older women's magazine like More. Or a gift card to somewhere like Talbott's

Um, for your Dad, you could get him books about movies he likes or something. Or a year of netflix?

I don't want to go on living though I would never?




daisysurf


even think about committing suicide no way! I .believe the act would be selfish and I'd go to hell in a handbag. My life just sucks.. I'm 51 and have gone nowhere in life. I'v got nothing to look forward to. I know this is crazy and pls don't mock me, but I keep wishing I had cancer. I know this is bad and terrible 'cause if I ever found out I was dying from cancer I'd immediately think differently. It feels like an excape from reality to dream about me just going that way. I would have family members who would be worried, and maybe at least come to visit me or make me see how much they did love me. My life is hell right now. I cannot go into detail.... It is just really bad right now. But I do have two beautiful children whom I had late in life to live for. But I can do nothing for them monetarily and as a mother this kills you. I guess I feel like the worst loser on the face of this planet. I just wish I didn't have to live anymore that is all.


Answer
Katie - I read your statement and I understand the feelings you stated. I am 55, without going into great detail I also have gone through a life chance. I have one adult child that was to be a twin and one did not make it. I have relatives that could only be describe as characters from a Grimm's tale. My parents died on my fifth birthday and I have no recollection of them; I have a half sister and I am grateful that when I gave birth I had a full blood transfusion.

I lost my good paying job in '08 and my child and I have lived off my retirement and credit cards; I do have a p/t job that gives me a stipend, but last year I had very few assignments. I don't have to point out what you have already documented; so, I hope you do not mind if I give my opinion.

You are only 51, which statistical you are quite young in American life span and in Japanese tradition you are consider an infant until you are 60 years old! Of course this tradition is for men, but has been recognized for women.

You have judged yourself by the money you don't have to leave for your children and that is what I would like to address. My grandparent's left me a house when then pass; my mother's sister did not like this idea, because she felt she was entitle to their money; and did something unthinkable for a daughter to do her mother. My grandmother was raised during the depression and could stretch a penny and she taught me how. I learned from her that we all have natural talents; hers was sewing and drawing. Guess what so are mine. I am not a professional designer but I can so anything from a bib to couture. I started selling my wares on Ebay and now I have moved on to Etsy. I also sell vintage glass and various vintage pieces.

I am starting my financial life over again at minimum wage through a temp agency; total of all this income does not even come close to what I use to earn; but I also don't have the same needs I use to have. When my child was a child I would only get her ee savings bonds for gifts; they use to mature in seven years, but now the status has changed. "I" Bonds are sold at face value, but accrue interest up to 30 years. Ex: $25 face is $25 face; but after one year I Bond accrues interest at a fix rate or inflation rate.

You are their mother and beautiful children come from the heart of a loving mother. If you have taught them well, they will be able to earn their own living - Write a journal of all the worries and love you have for your children and they will be blessed with more than money.

I am sorry I wrote so much, but you touched me as a mother.
Shalom




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment