Friday, June 28, 2013

Help with mother daughter bday party?

birthday gift ideas 70 year old woman
 on Birthday Ideas for a 70 Year Old Mother thumbnail
birthday gift ideas 70 year old woman image



Paris


I need some help..me nd my moms birthdays r ten days apart nd there is a 20 yr age difference..I'm turning 30 nd she is turning 50!! Both major milestones..I am having a big combined birthday for us but I need ideas..I need a theme nd a slogan nd party favor ideas!!?? I want it to be fabulous!!


Answer
Actually , I think you could have fun with the difference AND the similarities. What I mean is; you could have the gift table separated with one sign: FABULOUS AT FIFTY and another one, FLIRTY 30. So the presents are separated as well as the theme BUT the decorations could still easily go with princess pink items and decor. On the present table for mom: a poster in the background of like Starsky and Hutch or Meatloaf and for you- well whomever you loved in high school! I would have your background music playing both of your oldies and goodies random like.
Appetizers can be anything BUT i would go to one of those candy bulk stores that have the old fashioned candies and scatter them on the dessert table . They don't have to be separated- your guests get the idea. For a fun game- if you have time- your mom needs to write down the dances she remembers or that you find on the internet for the late 70's and early 80's and you write down the popular dances of your teen years. The 30 somethings have to guess how to dance to your mom's list( by only hearing the name) and her crowd will have to figure out how to dance to your list. It could be really fun. Have your generation music to dance by. If you don't like to dance try doing a trivia contest with each generation having to guess the others television shows. Oh and your overall slogan for the Invite? You are too young- but there used to be a commercial where the young guy grabs the woman and says; wow! Mrs. ..... I thought you were your daughter...... OR you could be the Trophy Wife Party if you are not married- then Milestones Madame's... have fun!!

Any ideas for Grandmother's 70th?




202020Ques


She was an attractive young woman who sadly based her life around her looks and youth. I know it's hard for her getting older and 70 will be a big deal for her. Everyone seems too busy to of realised that.
She loves the finer things in life, 'beautiful' clothes, decorations, food and alcohol. She's very young for her age and not a typical older lady at all.

She asked her daughter if she could have a get together at her house, so that's what we'll be doing. She told me she wished her birthday would just go away, but she's planning this a month in advance so I'm sure she wants something nice.

I don't want her birthday to pass without someone making a real fuss - I want her to be happy rather than depressed about age. I want her to see how beautiful she still is inside and out, and what a gift life is. I'd love to make her so happy that for the rest of her years she can look back on how wonderful it was.

It can either be something special for her party at her daughter's house, or her and I spending a day/evening together.


Any ideas how to make it extra special?



Answer
Put together a slide show of her and her kids and show it at the party, that way she'll be the center of attention and everyone loves slide shows of the past- they make your heart melt :] haha
and maybe get an ice sculpture that says "70"
Or take her to get a make over, makeup, nails, hair, buy her a new outfit.
good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment