Wednesday, July 3, 2013

what are some gift ideas for a pregnant girlfriend who is 21yrs old?

birthday gift ideas pregnant friend
 on ... personalized custom saucer people to send children to send to friends
birthday gift ideas pregnant friend image



kelly w


My friend is having a baby in february and wants to get her something special. Any Ideas?


Answer
Please, please, don't get her anything baby related for her birthday. When it's time for the baby shower, get her something for the baby...meanwhile, it's her birthday, so celebrate her!

I might suggest a massage...Many day spa's offer pregnancy massages, which (a) allow her to relax in a way that doesn't interfere with her belly, and (b) will help to relax the muscles that get really sore when a woman is pregnant.

Alternately, there's always the things that the rest of us want, even when we're not pregnant...Diamonds or pearls are always nice! :)

How soon did you create your baby registry?




Hannah S


I am only 7 weeks pregnant and can't stop thinking about the baby shower! I know it is obviously too soon to create one - I want to at least know the sex of the baby.

So I'm just wondering, at around which week did you create your baby registry?



Answer
At the risk of ofending everyone here, I didn't and have no intention of doing it - I think it is a horrible gift grab. In fact, I had to finally snap on the obnoxious Sears registry lady who seemed totally offended I was not going to register, especially there! I told her my husband and I can afford everything we need and would prefer if people would just buy some diapers and formula and take that to the food bank - that shut her up! My husband and I are older and financially stable and I hate the idea of registering, giving people the impression they need to buy us something. I have purposely bought everything we need in an attempt to avoid the whole shower thing - so far it's worked! Obviously that is not the case for everyone, especially young couples just starting out. I have always bought baby gifts for friends and coworkers because I wanted to, not becuase of what was dictated to me by a registry. The registry thing is totally getting out of hand - birthdays, christenings, having their first poop, it's ridiculous. That's is just my opinion though. Congrats on your pregnancy!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment