Thursday, July 11, 2013

60th Birthday Gift for the Mom who has everything?

birthday gift ideas husband has everything
 on Gift Ideas for the Husband Who Has Everything thumbnail
birthday gift ideas husband has everything image



Christine


My mom's 60th birthday gift is coming up and all the kids are pooling together about $800-$1000 to get her a really nice gift. The problem is the woman has everything!!! Any ideas on a unique and meaningful gift we could give to her on her birthday? Thanks!


Answer
A 60th birthday is a milestone and you guys have a good budget to work with.

Is there a show in another city that she might like to? Perhaps a weekend away for her and someone else to see the show (tickets included).

Or is there something she has always wanted to do? For example learn to ballroom dance? Lessons might be an idea...

There is a company called Red Balloon Days in Australia that have some fantastic experience based gifts that might help you with some other ideas about what you could do for your Mother closer to where you are.

For a milestone birthday for my now husband, I arranged a limousine to pick him up with his favourite cold beers and had him dropped to the harbour where we took a harbour cruise together before dinner with friends. He loved it and will always remember it because it was an experience.

Good luck!

What sort of gift should I get for my brother and his new fiancee?

Q. First off let me say that I really like the woman that my youngest brother is marrying. They've been together for 4 years, and they are getting married in March.

My FSIL and I became really close last year. She helped me to get through a very dark period in my life. My husband was killed when he was on deployment. She knows what I went through, because she lost her first husband in 2003.

Now that they're finally getting married. What do you get for the couple that seems to have everything? Part of my gift, is I'm going to be dog sitting their very well behaved chihuahua. But what should I get them? I really need help with some gift ideas. I would welcome any suggestions or possible ideas. Thanks!
@ Bryan, I don't think towels are the thing for brother and FSIL. But I do think something monogramed would be nice.

@ Alison, Oh yes my FSIL is an extraordinary gal. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for her support, I wouldn't be doing as well as I am now. Yep I live really close to my brother and FSIL. I love their dog and so do my children. Yes, I think something in crystal is a good idea.

@ The Newlyweds, A gift certificate to their favorite restaurant will definitely be part of the gift.

@ Princess: I'm not much of a scrapbooker to be honest. But thanks for the idea anyway.


Answer
It sounds like you live nearby what with the dog sitting offer. Does your family get together for things like birthdays and holidays? If so, what about a crystal cake plate, of footed cake/desert plate? It would be a lovely item that will come out for special times together. The price of cake plates can be anything from very inexpensive to pretty pricey for well known crystal companies so you should be able to find something in your price range. Beside's it's the thoughtfulness that goes into the gift that matters much more than the price.
Just to be clear, this would be a wedding gift. You don't give gifts for engagement, even if there is a formal announcement and/or party.
Congrats on getting a special SIL. You both sound like you've been good for each other. It's rare.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment