Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Birthday gift ideas please!!? ?




Gemma R


My dad will be 53 on Friday - and I HAVE to get him a gift!! seriously running out of time! He does drink, but I find alcohol such an impersoanl gift!

He's quite a young 53 year old...but not fit either..
He is into his bikes/trikes, and loves gadgets and stuff, and drawing & art projects - he's very young at heart

I want to spend under £30 if possible

thanks!!



Answer
I just used this answer on another question, but just in case you didn't read it I've posted it again.
My grandmother turned 88 a few months ago and I was going through the same thing. I debated over this for a few days and finally came up with this. I searched through all my photos, called my mom and aunts and begged for their special pictures. Once I gathered all the pictures, I scanned them onto the computer and used window movie maker to come up with a dvd for her. I added music and captions. Between my mom and aunts I was able to come up with pic from my grandmother's childhood, to her latest great grand child. I started with the oldest ones first then advanced to the children, grand children then the great grandchildren.
We were having a birthday party for her at her church and I arranged for tv and dvd player at her party I played her movie. We all had mixed emotions, there were tears for the family members who had passed away, laughs for the doo whoop pictures of years passed, but all in all everyone loved it. Granmme loved it she thanked me numerous times, and said that was the most wonderful gift she could have received. My family has told me that whenever someone comes over granmme makes them watch her movie before they leave. But fair warning if you decide to do this have extra copies, because everyone will want one.

Gift ideas for my aunt's 50th birthday?




walshjenn


I have two aunt's and they are both turning 50 and I would like to get them something special. I know one of them loves animals, especially dogs. She doesn't wear a lot of jewelry. Im not to sure what the other likes. My price range is $50 and under. Please help.


Answer
I'm near their age and I like people giving me my favorite cologne, framed photographs, things for my home, books, cookbooks, clothing, anything homemade. Try to think of what their interests are and get something having to do with them. A gift certificate and small bouquet of flowers is a nice gift.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment