Saturday, June 14, 2014

16 year old gift idea!?




Katy


I need a creative gift idea for my best friend who is turning 16. To give you an idea of the kind of gifts we usually give...for my 16th she wrote out 16 different cards saying what a good friend I was, and got me gift cards to my favorite stores, all with 16 dollars on them. For christmas I bought her a beautiful Chanel book, an Audrey Hepburn book, and a gift card to her favorite store. We both love fashion (and Audrey Hepburn!). She's a great friend so I want to do something special for her birthday. Any ideas?


Answer
I just answered this on another question. If time allows, this is a very creative gift she will keep forever. Here's a copy of what I submitted to the 13 year old who posted the question.

If you really want to give yourself something that will become more precious with time, then consider this. Send 6 to 8 sheets of parchment stationary along with erasable pens to your relatives. Be sure to send a set to all of the older members of your extended family. Ask them to write down tips for living. Advice on what ones priorities should be. Or perhaps an experience that helped shaped their lives. Ask them to write on only one side of the paper (it's easier to read when the back side is blank). Be sure to give them a deadline of perhaps 3 weeks. This will allow them time to really think about their answers as well as keep them from putting it off indefinitely. When the letters are collected, put them sheet by sheet into acid-free plastic sleeves. The sleeves can then be put into an album. This will preserve them for future generations to read. I did this for my daughter when she turned 16. She is almost 19 and she adores her collection of letters. She says they have become even more valuable to her since she received them. We have suffered the loss of one letter writer and another is now dying of cancer. My daughter says she can't imagine how precious the letters will become as she ages. She knows someday the letters will be a history of our family as well as our times. My birthday is this month and I wish I would have thought of this 34 years ago when I turned 13. Happy Birthday my young friend! May you have many, many more ahead of you!

Need suggestions for my 17 year old daughter's birthday...?




momof2


my daughter will be 17 next week and i am "gifting", not giving her my 2000 mitsubishi mirage (car). it's in great condition and she has said that that is enough of a gift and that she doesn't want anything else. i am taking her to dinner at her favorite place and having a cake for her with balloons. she is an honor student and has her own job too. but i feel like i want to do a little something more....something small but significant. (she already has a phone, video ipod, her own money, etc. etc.) plus, she has a stepbrother who is now 8 months old, after being an only child for 16 years, i want her to feel like her birthday is not just another day. i also don't have alot of money so it would have to be something small but special. any ideas?


Answer
How about a photo album of all the special times in her life, so a pic of her on her 1st birthday with a short paragraph of what you did that day. A pic of when she was born with a paragraph of how you felt that day, and then end it with a letter saying everything you just said that you love her and want her day to special.

Sounds like you have a great daughter!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment