Sunday, March 23, 2014

sweet sixteen ideas??




Maria18


i'm going to have a sweet 16 party in about a month.. but the problem is i don't really know what to do. any ideas?? anything fun would be appreciated. I'm planning on inviting 16 year old girls.. thanks a lot!!


Answer
We are planning a surprise Sweet Sixteen for our daughter. The theme will be all about her. It will hinge around her and her fav. things. We will use dark blue and pink for sweet sixteen. Most items we found on Ebay. Cute sweet sixteen mylar balloons, personalized napkins, organza favor bags, and personalized ribbons to tie the organza bags. For party favors we bought her favorite candies, Lindt truffles & bon bons.You might want personlized M&M's or jelly bellies in the small packaged birthday bags. We also bought designer perfume samples on Ebay. They all were things about "her". For the guys we bought Hummer (because she drives a Riviera, and that is the company that makes the cologne), Lucky #6, Polo Blue (fav color), and for the girls we bought Vera Wang princess, Juicy Couture that came packaged in cute purses, Broadway nite & Phantom of the Opera, all things that are personal to her. We have included a note in each bag, so they know why we made these choices. Other cologne choices for guys might be , blue jeans, weekend, RSVP. You can really make the favor bags personal. We also bought some custom Hershey bar wrappers. Just do a search online for custom or personalized candy wrappers. Hers has pointe shoes on it as she is devoted to ballet. Again Ebay, right now has some adorable Hershey Sweet Sixteen candy wrappers. We also bought some sweet 16 table confetti at Haga's party supplies online. We are going to accent the table with semi precious faceted stones. There can be inexpensive if you wait for the right Ebay auction. IE: I got 144 pink sapphires for $5.50. I bought stones in pink hues, dark blue purple & clear to go with her colors. I also think custom fortune cookies for favors are a great idea. Again, Ebay. I have made them before, and if you make them yourself, use a online recipe with cornstarch, that worked the best for me. You have to be patient making your own, as each cookie takes about 6 minutes, but I personally wouldn't try it with such a large group. I will also make creme cheese mints in heart and gift package shapes. We have invited about 18 of her close friends to dinner at her fav quaint mexican restaurant. We will be having them driven around in a Excursion limosine. I have made 2 cd's with lots of fun birthday songs! We will be having a tiered birthday cake at home later, with a chocolate fountain. You can also get a inexpensive 5 tiered punch fountain on Ebay. We decided the chocolate fountain was enough, and will serve our guests Fre Spumante an alcohol free champagne. We have made a photo autograph book on shutterfly for her friends to sign. I made the pages on a photo program and saved each page as an image, and then uploaded to shutterfly. Winkflash has a 100 page book for 19.99 until March 15th. We also bought Phantom of the Opera type disposable cameras. With the developing, picture cd, and online host ing, each camera came to 7.00. I would strongly suggest have cameras for your guests to use available. If you are in an area that would work, I would look into the confetti canons. It would be neat for an entrance. When we get done eating cake & opening gifts, maybe they will watch Sixteen Candles on a big screen, or just mess around. Whatever they do, it will be fun. Hope this helps!

Sweet Sixteen gift ideas?




Kdawn18


Ok. So my ACTUAL birthday was a few days ago. I got $70 and a $50 gift card plus my grandma is taking me shopping. I got everything that I wanted and more. :) But now I'm having a party on May 7th with family. And I don't know what to ask for because I got everything I want. I was thinking since I LOVE dogs and I want to help them, I would just ask people to bring a donation instead of a gift for me. It would be a gift to help the homeless and needy dogs in a shelter. Is that a good idea? :)


Answer
Absolutely. I'm glad to see a teenager so conscience of others pain and suffering, most adults aren't even that nice. That is a very unselfish way to think just send out the names of your charities or shelters in your invitations. I'm glad that someone your age is so generous and good. Happy belated birthday!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment