Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Birthday gift ideas for 2 year old boys?




natalilly


My cousin's son turns 2 next week, and I have no idea what to buy for his birthday present. Her 4 year old daughter was very easy to buy for last month, but I'm not sure what 2 year old boys like, as everything seems either too babyish for him, or too mature.

He's walking now, and starting to talk, but he seems to just enjoy running around and breaking things and making a racket and hitting his big sister. He's not too interested in cars, or cuddly toys...

Any safe, age-appropriate ideas? Thanks :)



Answer
I would look in the toy aisles at Walmart...look for the age range on the box...you probably want a toy that says 18 months+ or 24 months+ on it.... A lot of them say 3Y+ (3 years) and would be too mature for him (might be due to the small parts also). My son's is turning 2 on April 1st and I can tell you what we got him and what his grandparents got him-

-Fisher-Price The Farmer Says See n' Say
-Little Tikes Tap-a-Tune Drum
-Little Tikes Pop Tunes Big Rocker Guitar
-Playskool Chuck My Talking Truck
-Parents Ready Set Go cars (set of 4)
-Fisher Price Little People Racin Ramps Garage
-Fisher Price Little People Little Movers School Bus
-Little Tikes Butterfly Net Bath Toy
-Little Tikes Jungle Jamboree 2-in-1 Xylophone/Piano

My son is big into music if you couldn't tell so we wanted to expand on his interests!
Your cousin's son might also like these. Or you can go to toysrus.com and browse toys by age.

1 year old baby boy birthday present?




Shauni


My friends son is turning 1 soon! I can not go overboard on the gift, but I would like to actually get him something useful/nice! But i honestly have no clue what to get him!

What would you recommend?
If you get a Saving's Bond for someone, what information do you need?

And, would the parents be able to cash it?
(Not that I do not trust my friend, just if I did this I would want to make sure HE got it!)

And does the child have to be at least 18 to cash it??



Answer
If you decide not to go for the saving's bond, I have another cute idea: for boys, I especially like the idea of a birthday train. This is a table decoration to get out every birthday. Each year you can add another wagon / candle to your train. We have a zoo parade like this and my kids always love to have this on the table for their birthdays. You can look at it here: http://www.best-baby-gifts.com/1st-birthday-gift.html

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment