Friday, January 17, 2014

Gift ideas for quilters?

birthday gift ideas for quilters
 on Patchwork Quilt Pattern T-Shirts, Patchwork Quilt Pattern Gifts ...
birthday gift ideas for quilters image



lunaburnin


Can anyone tell me what would make a nice gift for someone who is really in to quilting, but is also fairly new to it? It's for my mother. She has years experience with sewing but is new to quilting and I'd like to get her something nice for her birthday.


Answer
Well... it kind of depends on what she already has.
Does she have a cutting mat? a rotary cutter? any of the quilting rulers?
A gift card to a fabric store is always welcome
Plastic bins to help her organize her "stash" of quilting fabrics
Gift certificate for quilting classes

If she regularly patronizes a small local quilt shop (not one of the big chain fabric stores), she may have a gift registry started there. I know my LQS has this service, and many husbands and kids take advantage of it!

Its almost my sister's 18th birthday! what would be a nice present?




alwaysXDsm


so its almost my sisters birthday.
and i have no idea what to get her.
as important as big 18 is i wanna get her something special. i only have the budget of $50. please make me a list!



Answer
nice jewelry--something sentimental (ie heart locket, "Sisters", etc..)

clothing?

a nice dinner out + a small gift

a gift certificate to her favorite store

Ask yourself what her likes & dislikes are and then go from there. Anytime you give someone something they have an interest in, you usually will please them. Like with me....I'm a quilter. I'd be thrilled to get nice fabrics....scissors....scraps.....a mixed assortment. My brother once gave me a sewing machine & a sewing chest filled with notions; he'd gotten them from a friend and then gifted it to me. I was thrilled to death! SO! Think about what makes her happy and you'll find your answer..... Good luck. Hope she has a great birthday.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment