Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What's the most effective way to send a package from the Philippines to Costa Rica?

birthday gift ideas mail
 on Birthday Gift Ideas For Men | FunMag
birthday gift ideas mail image



daniel


I'm trying to send a birthday gift to a friend in Costa Rica. I've been checking out the internet on tips how to send packages to Costa Rica and the help I found haven't been that helpful. Please can anyone give me advice? I really don't want this package to get lost, as it has great sentimental value in it.
@clncarplz I've already talked to LBC and they can't deliver to Costa Rica, cause i'm also including a Mike Posner Album in the box.



Answer
I have always gotten packages mailed within the postal service without any problems. If your friend has a apartado (PO Box) that is good and it can be sent directly to there. If not, you might arrange for them to pick the package up at the post office if there near a town that has one. I use to do that before getting a box. Sometimes route carriers may not be as trustworthy as we wish. I had those packages sent to Lista de Correo to their name. They have to provide proof of who they are to receive it.

You will be asked to value your package... sometimes taxes are paid on things received. Value it low.... most people have no idea what you pay for things up there. The less the package weighs, the better. Or send it in two parts.

If you wish otherwise, the other comments here are fine. Just more costly... but faster. From Miami, its usually about 8 to 10 days. However, just so you know I got a Christmas card marked December 22 on July 4 ! That is highly unusual.

HOP

How to tell someone their birthday gift is still in the mail?




Izzy


My Grandma's birthday is today, but her gift didn't arrive on time! What would be the best way to tell her this? How should I phrase it? I would like to write it inside her card, unless that sounds like a bad idea. The gift is a book written by authors local to our area about women in the civil rights movement, one of whom is my mentor.


Answer
Are you seeing her today? Take her some flowers or a bit of her favorite candy, whatever, and tell her that her present is en route. You could add that as a P.S. to the other birthday sentiments you put in her card.
A special grandmother merits a special present.
Happy Birthday!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment