Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Too soon for a birthday gift?




Temp


Ok, so I recently met this girl at a concert and we hit it off. We live like 200 miles apart to begin with and I'm moving halfway across the country soon (I'm in the military) but I plan on visiting home and I mentioned visiting her next month and she liked the idea. We both like each other but haven't necessarily talked about "dating" or anything, I'm happy with taking it slow like we have been. We talk or text on the phone just about every night. Anyways, her birthday is coming up and I was gonna order flowers for her. Is this too soon to send someone flowers on their birthday especially since we're not exactly dating? She's 27, I'm 25. Thanks for your input.


Answer
Flowers would be ok, just don't over do it. A sweet small bunch.. good luck

Help! It's my mom's birthday soon and I'm stuck across the world...?




tenshixlan


My mom's over in the states and I'm stuck over in Korea, in the army and I can't get back until about 2 months later. I was thinking about ordering flowers for her, specifically pink roses which apparently suggest happiness and fun as well as admiration and appreciation. Otherwise, I don't know what I can get her. Plus, being in the Korean army, my budget's kind of pathetic. Anyone have any ideas and/or input on the flowers? Oh, and she's turning 52 this year.


Answer
Honey its not how much something costs that has any relevance especially to a mother, its the thought and love behind the object you give them, so pink roses would be lovely, but more so because your so many thousands of miles apart, so would a card mean the world to her, but the thing here is - its what you write in that card that could make the card itself a priceless gift to her you see. Words to the effect of how you wish you were not so many thousands miles apart especially on this her special day and just how much you love her and how important she is to you. Believe me she would keep that card forever and treasure it.

I don't know what the postage system is like going from Korea to the states, but if its reasonable I think something like a ' delicate looking paperweight ' would be a beautiful present to give. One of very soft colors like pink, but one that has something feminine about it. But remember the card and what you write in it - we mothers are very sentimental creatures especially when it comes to our children, grown up or not, you will always be her baby son. Perhaps on your return you could take her out on her own for a birthday meal on account of the miles of separation right now between you.

Could you get to a phone to wish her Happy Birthday? that would be lovely for both of you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment