Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I need websites for Harry Potter crafts?




Hazel Grac


One of my friends, Ellie, is having a birthday soon. She loves Harry Potter and I am making her an all-Harry Potter gift. I am giving her my own version of a Hogwarts letter, and the Tales of Beedle the Bard. I'd like to add some other homemade gifts. Do you have any ideas (please include instructions)? Or do you know any websites that have Harry Potter crafts? Thanks!


Answer
I'm a huge Harry Potter fan too! Years ago I hosted a Harry Potter party for the release of the Half-Blood Prince, and I had a lot of fun hand-making decorations and sewing the costumes. You could make her a bottle of butterbeer and create your own label, or cover shoe boxes with wrinkled grocery bags and paint them to look like books from the novels (like "Hogwarts, A History" or "Voyages with Vampires" by Gilderoy Lockhart).

Otherwise, it's actually very easy to make a witch's hat without a brim like the costumes in the films. You only need a yard of cotton fabric, a long pipe cleaner, scissors, pins, and a sewing machine. You'll need to cut a long triangle with the measurement of the base equal to the circumference of your head plus 2" inches. Fold the triangle in half, pin, and sew up the long edge 1/2" away from the edge of the fabric. (Some fabric has a right side--a side where a print is more visible. If you are not using a solid fabric and your fabric has a right side, make sure you fold your triangle so the right sides are touching and the wrong side is facing you.) Sew again next to this line further into the fabric, leaving enough width to put the pipe cleaner through. This tunnel you'll make between your two stitches is called a casing. Cut the pipe cleaner so that it is an inch shorter than the casing. Insert the pipe cleaner through the casing. Fold up the bottom opening of the triangle twice towards the wrong side, 1/2" each time. Iron this fold and stitch all the way around. Make sure you don't accidentally sew your hat shut! Turn your hat inside-out and you're finished! Because of the pipe cleaner, you can shape the hat and wrinkle it any way you'd like.

I hope you have fun and that your friend loves the presents you make her! Here is a link to advice on how I threw the party and made the decorations and costumes. http://www.lovetosew.com/harrypotter.htm

Credentials: sewing instructor for children and adults, sewing tutorial and fashion writer for http://www.lovetosew.com/index.html

Birthday gift for my friend...funny!!! MLIA lover-REPLY SOON!?




GreenOne 1


So my friend just turned 14 and I need some ideas for another gift. She's a huge MLIA fan, and loves funny gifts. This is what I've gotten her so far: I made her a Hogwarts acceptance letter, I am making her butterbeer (drink from Harry Potter), and I got her shower markers. I am thinking about getting her a Where's Waldo book too, but I need something else. So ideas please! And I have to be able to get it at the store. I was thinking of maybe funny school supplies. Like an elephant lunch bag, or Perry the platypus notebook or something that glows in the dark. Fun novelty "kid" stuff! But please tell me your ideas!! I need ideas! Help please!


Answer
There are a lot of gifts for your friend. If you want to make her very happy, then you can give her something she likes, such as...

âVideo of Hogwart
âHarry Potter⢠cosplays

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment