Friday, May 16, 2014

Mother-in-law christmas gift ideas?




Brandy


My MIL has everything she needs, and I wanted to get her a digital camera for christmas but her daughter said she wouldn't use it. I want to get her something that is nice and that hopefully she will like, My budget is around $100 for her. If you guys have any ideas please share them with me.


Answer
brandy, first of all please don't do gift certificates, or gift cards. to my way of thinking they just scream out "i couldn't be bothered trying -so here go buy something". of course thats just my thought. but here is what my d.i.l.'s have come up with.
my first daughter in law was apparently in the same boat, so she decided to buy me a charm bracelet, not those new-fangled things that are flat, but a proper charm bracelet, and then for special occasions she finds new charms to give me. in fact when they wanted to announce they were expecting their first child, they bought me a baby bootie charm for my bracelet!
my second daughter-in-law started me on ornaments. these are 'willow' ornaments, and every christmas i receive a new piece.
my third daughter-in-law was at a total loss until one day she overheard me saying i had never had a pedicure or manicure. now, every christmas and birthday i get sent off for both!
so think along the lines of my beautiful d.i.l.'s......and find something you can add to as time goes on.
good luck!

50th birthday ideas for my mother in law on a low budget?




WAG


my mother in law will be 50 next week. since nobody has any extra money nobody wanted to plan anything. i feel something should be done. any suggestions on how to make a special day with little $$? we have family dinners all the time so those are no longer special.


Answer
First of all u r being very kind for taking the initiative for ur mom in law even though u have no extra money and noone else is bothered.I love ur attitude.
You can bake a cake at home or at a friends place(if ur mom in law is staying with u). Decorate it well and write a nice message on it.
U can also download some favourite movies or music of hers and burn her a cd. Just buy a blank cd and download stuff from the net.
U can also make her a handmade gift coupon book with 50 leaves where every leaf entitles her for something.She can use the coupons to get her chores done by someone.Like in exchange for a coupon someone will do her laundry ,or give her a foot massage or things like that.
U can make a huge handmade card and get everyone to sign it.
Just use ur imagination and also search the net for ideas on homemade gifts.These r inexpensive but she will surely appreciate the fact that u made an effort.
Good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment