Sunday, May 25, 2014

Gift Ideas for bedridden father?




prplfae


My dad has terminal cancer, and as of the last couple weeks doesn't really leave the hospital bed they brought in for him. I just realized today that when it comes to his birthday next month, and christmas, i have no idea what to get him. He doesn't get dressed anymore since theres really no point, so the usually tshirt with a funny saying on it is out. he litterally doesn't do anything. I was thinking some nice blankets, but then my mom just bought some new ones, and he really has plenty. I need a few ideas since both christmas and his birthday are coming up, so the more suggestions the merrier.
Skelli- nice suggestion, but he grows his own

I like the picture frame ideas:)

Keep 'em coming!!!



Answer
My father had terminal cancer, too. We bought him crossword puzzles (large print), more channels on his TV, a tempra pedic mattress pad, a large heating pad and my brothers gave him girly magazines!! His candy dish was always full of chocolate. We set up a digital picture frame and uploaded photos from when we were kids on vacation in Cape Cod to when he visited Ireland. Family and friends contributed to photo sharing. Those who lived far away were encouraged to write to him about their daily lives and accomplishments. We took videos of places we went to and played them back to him, he loved that. He was not kept from being informed just because he was sick. He loved to hear about how everyone was doing. It actually made him feel at peace to know all was well with his loved ones.

But the day to day stuff, visiting, was the most precious gift of all. I learned more about my father in the last year of his life than I did in 46 years.

18th birthday presents?




Rebecca


i'm turning 18 this year, my mum and dad keep asking me what i want for my 18th but i can't thing :S i have a car already and even though its a rust bucket i love it and don't want a new one, they got me a ring for my 16th birthday so i don't really want jewellery or watches or that sort of thing. i know i sound dead picky but this is my big birthday :D i wanted a puggle puppy or a shetland because its smaller than my other horse and i can break it in myself, but they won't get me either coz i'm going to Ireland next year and i can only take one horse and no pets :S

Please please help, the puggle and shetland were my only ideas :(



Answer
Gift cards or money if you really really can't decide.

Or maybe you can go on a huge vacation with your friends. :D




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment