Thursday, May 15, 2014

Birthday gift suggestions for a single, 28 yr old recovering alcoholic?




Jenny J


I need birthday gift ideas for a newly sober 28 year old male. Nothing too expensive (no more than $50), but something nice.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Seriously? Think about how many people would suggest a bottle.. or taking him for a drink.
I only used the term "recovering alcoholic" as a means to help define who he is, and as a way to distinguish the most important gifting criteria. Had I not specified that he was male, I would have gotten responses like a day at the hair salon. Had I not specified his age, I may have gotten a response similar to a toy train. As he is newly sober, I found in necessary to write "recovering alcoholic" to simply avoid the typical answers relative to drinking or taking him to environments where drinks are available. Like I said, he is newly sober, and he still has a tough time being near it.

And just to put it out there, no I do not, by any means think he is a leper. =)



Answer
i would get him a nice watch,wallet, concert tickets, gift card to a good restaurant, favorite artist's CDs, favorite sports players jersey, baseball hat, movies tickets, cool tie, a jacket that he will like, if he likes sports go to a sport store and look for things decorated with his favorite team's logo. etc.

Gift ideas for a 16 year old male teen?




Adriana


My friend's birthday is coming up this Monday; however, since I can only see him at school, and there's no school monday, I need it by tomorrow.

He's a very down to earth, reliable guy. I've known him for over a year and he's the only one who can make me laugh in a heart beat, even on the most depressing days. I want to give him something humorous or meaningful.

Please, no iPod, car, or cash suggestions. I'm not his mother or father, and I'm not in favor of spending a lot because money's extremely tight right now.

Please, and Thank you.



Answer
This is not as expensive as an iPod or car, but it still is a little pricy. For my boyfriend's birthday last year, i got a BUILD-A-BEAR, dressed it and then bought him his favorite sports team hat/baseball cap (usually 20-50$) and put it on the bear's head. he loved it!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment