Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I need websites for Harry Potter crafts?

birthday gift ideas harry potter fans
 on Harry potter box set - Christmas gifts ideas for Harry Potter fans
birthday gift ideas harry potter fans image



Annabeth C


One of my friends, Ellie, is having a birthday soon. She loves Harry Potter and I am making her an all-Harry Potter gift. I am giving her my own version of a Hogwarts letter, and the Tales of Beedle the Bard. I'd like to add some other homemade gifts. Do you have any ideas (please include instructions)? Or do you know any websites that have Harry Potter crafts? Thanks!


Answer
I'm a huge Harry Potter fan too! Years ago I hosted a Harry Potter party for the release of the Half-Blood Prince, and I had a lot of fun hand-making decorations and sewing the costumes. You could make her a bottle of butterbeer and create your own label, or cover shoe boxes with wrinkled grocery bags and paint them to look like books from the novels (like "Hogwarts, A History" or "Voyages with Vampires" by Gilderoy Lockhart).

Otherwise, it's actually very easy to make a witch's hat without a brim like the costumes in the films. You only need a yard of cotton fabric, a long pipe cleaner, scissors, pins, and a sewing machine. You'll need to cut a long triangle with the measurement of the base equal to the circumference of your head plus 2" inches. Fold the triangle in half, pin, and sew up the long edge 1/2" away from the edge of the fabric. (Some fabric has a right side--a side where a print is more visible. If you are not using a solid fabric and your fabric has a right side, make sure you fold your triangle so the right sides are touching and the wrong side is facing you.) Sew again next to this line further into the fabric, leaving enough width to put the pipe cleaner through. This tunnel you'll make between your two stitches is called a casing. Cut the pipe cleaner so that it is an inch shorter than the casing. Insert the pipe cleaner through the casing. Fold up the bottom opening of the triangle twice towards the wrong side, 1/2" each time. Iron this fold and stitch all the way around. Make sure you don't accidentally sew your hat shut! Turn your hat inside-out and you're finished! Because of the pipe cleaner, you can shape the hat and wrinkle it any way you'd like.

I hope you have fun and that your friend loves the presents you make her! Here is a link to advice on how I threw the party and made the decorations and costumes. http://www.lovetosew.com/harrypotter.htm

Credentials: sewing instructor for children and adults, sewing tutorial and fashion writer for http://www.lovetosew.com/index.html

What did you get for your 15th birthday?




jen


I turn 15 in a few weeks and my parents have started asking what i want but i don't know? Any ideas?


Answer
Well, I'm one of those extreme Harry Potter fans, so I received a chest filled with all of the hardcover books, along with all eight of the DVDs. I also got some well-needed winter clothing.

As for ideas, are you part of any fandoms? If you are, you can always ask for merchandise from those things like I did. Gift cards are helpful for shopping in your favorite stores. If you like books, ask for those... Clothing is nice too, with summer coming up. Just look around on the internet. I'm sure you'll find something.

Happy (early) Birthday! :3




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment