Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What is a good birthday party theme for a combined boy and girl 2nd birthday party?

birthday gift ideas adults
 on ...
birthday gift ideas adults image



Alyssa


I would like something so that my daughter still has something girly. I like the idea of mickey and minnie but we used minnie last year. I want them to each have a character of their gender.


Answer
Hi here is a list of themes, and food ideas. And of course you will be opening gifts with family and having cake and icecream, that other answer is nonsense. Ok here goes

Cowboy and cowgirl
Ladybug and spiders
princess and prince
super hero and barbie
elmo
puppy
yo gabba gabba
crayon party
butterfly and dragon
fish
turtles
Wonder pets
polka dots and stripes

Food
mostly for adults some for toddlers

Pizza dip
fruit and dip (cool whip, strawberry yogurt, cream cheese mixed together)
goldfish
olives, cherry tomatoes, and baby carrots arranged on tray to make elmos face
cheese and grapes on skewers
Queso dip
pizza
Hot dogs
chips
dip
pretzels
baby carrots in cups of ranch for individual servings
finger sandwiches cut in shapes with cookie cutters to match theme (bone, fish, butterfly,)

Dollar store has tons of stuff to create fairies, princesses, super heros, and balloons.

Best wishes!

Any ideas for a good gift for someone who is deployed?




SamanthaF


my husband is deployed and his birthday is coming up then christmas. I don't know what to send him.


Answer
I sent a package to my husband like every two weeks when he deployed. I also have an 11 page attachment if you would like it that have different themed care packages that i have put together through hubby's deployments. These theme care packages make it a little more fun to shop for when you have a certain theme in mind. I have used many of them and then you can just talior it to your hubby. Here are some other sites:
http://www.4militaryfamilies.com/articles/carepackages.htm
http://www.militarycarepackageideas.org/
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art27764.asp
http://www.girlposse.com/talk_talk_talk/themed_care_packages_0605.html
http://www.getromantic.com/gift_guide/gift_ideas/romantic_care_packages.html
http://www.militarywives.com/index.php/component/option,com_content/task,section/id,8/Itemid,55/
http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=CarePackageBio&MsdVisit=1
http://www.janellsretreat.com/carepackagethemes.html
http://www.cafepress.com/silentranksshop/2000833

Some things I sent hubby:
-things and snacks that i knew he would like. I also sent him things that his friends liked to because they didn't get much.
-cd's of his favorite music
-lots of cards and letters
-I also sent him a box full of unused cards such as thinking of you, Christmas Cards, Birthday Cards, Miss you cards, etc., that he could send back home to family and friends. It is hard to find cards there.
-I sent him Cake in A Jar
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1096421/how_to_bake_cake_in_a_jar.html?cat=22
-Sent him themed Care Packages (some can be as cute as you want and some can be as adult as you make it). One time I took a picture of our front door closed from the outside. Then a picture of the front door open and a picture of the floor. Then a picture of my shirt on the floor, then a picture of my shoes on the floor, then my socks on the floor, then my pants on the floor, then took a picture of my bra on the floor, then I took a picture of my undies on the floor, then I took a picture of our bedroom, then I took a picture of just the bed. Then put a little note that said wish you were here, miss you in my bed. Something like that. Remember though to take the pictures while making your way to the bedroom with the stuff on the floor so it looks like you are dropping your colthes on the way to the bedroom.
-Another thing you can do: buy a new pillowcase. Every night before you go to bed, take a shower but leave your hair a little damp before getting into bed. After a week, the pillowcase will smell like you. Package this up in a ziploc baggie and send a note with it "Something to remind you of me".
-Write in a journal. I sent this to hubby after every 2-3 months. Of course he still got plently of cards and letters but the journal was more thoughtful and more personal. I would write in it right before I went to bed. I wrote everything down, just like a regular journal. My feelings, what i did, what I ate, something that was funny to me that day, something that made me think of him that day, that I spoke to so and so, what the kids did, etc.,,. I then sent that to him. You know that sometimes we always don't get that long phone call or forget to tell them certain things by the time we do talk to them. Or letters that we don't want to make to long because we don't have the time. Hubby loved this because he said it still made him feel close to me and the kids even though he was gone for a year.
-Send him a photo album. Include pictures of his family, your family (as long as he likes them), kids, you, friends, his favorite car, his favorite boat, his favorite place to eat, his favorite place to visit, etc., I sent something like this to him and included letters from friends and family. I also put together a photo album every 4 months for him of things the girls and I did.
-Does he need anything for his room: storage containers, shelves, blankets, new sheets, pillows, footlockers (you know those rectangle black ones), a clock, picture frames, towels, washclothes, shower curtains (you would be surpised how yucky the ones they are using are), a foldable chair, a small table, paper plates, cups, silverware, a small rug for in front of his bed, etc.,
-Indivdually wrapped goodies and snacks. This way they stay fresher. this also includes the drink mixes that can be added to water.
-slippers, robe




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment