Friday, August 30, 2013

Are there any quilters out there?

birthday gift ideas new zealand
 on images of gift ideas birthday newspaper anniversary calendar gifts ...
birthday gift ideas new zealand image



threads


Would like the know what quilters are working and share ideas.


Answer
I am pushing to finish a queen size quilt to give to my mother for her birthday in June. I did a block-of-the-month at a local quilt shop and am putting the blocks together in a "on-point" setting with 2" sashing.

My other works in progress:
1. Queen size quilt for my son who is in his first apartment (kit from Joann Fabrics), I am assembling the top.
2. Double size quilt for my spare room bed/ pattern is Diane Webber "Big Blossom Trio" This is cut out and ready to sew.
3. Crib size quilts from "Care bears" panels (2), to be donated to my guild comfort quilt program. These are bordered and ready to layer and quilt.

My other planned projects (have fabric, no action yet):
4. Table runners for my bedroom dressers to match the bed quilt, and runner for SIL for Christmas gift.
5. Memory quilts with fabric acquired on vacations (New Zealand, Caribbean, Hawaii)
6. Crib size quilts for extended family members who are "planning" to start a family soon

And a long list of ideas that might have some fabric already waiting in my stash!

My boyfriend's 18th birthday is coming up! Present ideas?




jasmine


It gets a bit more complicated: it's a long-distance relationship while he's doing an exchange program in New Zealand, so I want to give him something special. His favorite color is emerald green and he loves music and friends. I am still going to give him a mix cd, but I think he deserves more. ;p Any suggestions?


Answer
Write him a nice letter, and if you want you can write a list of 101 reasons why you love him. Get him a gift card to a music store, great quality headphones, or tickets to a concert by a performer he likes. A silver chain or watch if he wears jewelry. You can always send larger stuff in a package in the mail, so consider a few new pairs of boxers, a picture of the two of you so he has it while he is away, some of his favorite kinds of candy (make sure you send kinds that won't melt) a shirt from his favorite store, anything you think he would appreciate. Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment