Saturday, August 24, 2013

I need ideas for my 17th birthday party?

birthday gift ideas for vegans
 on Agate Gift Ideas - All That Gifts | All That Gifts
birthday gift ideas for vegans image



Carrie


I am turning 17, January 6th and I want to be with my close friends but not all of them get along. I was thinking going to brick road pizza which is my favorite vegan restaurant and I don't know what to do after that. I live in Grand Rapids so there has to be something I just don't know what. Ideas?


Answer
The 17th birthday for either a boy or a girl is a very special day because it represents the last birthday before he or she is legally an adult. While some think that a 17-year-old would not still be fond of fun and games, on the contrary, there are still many great themes that will appease your teenager.

The Formal Party
Since adulthood is veering around the corner, many kids this age will appreciate a birthday party that beckons upon this premise. Formal birthday parties are actually rather easily thrown. Create formal invitations that require an RSVP. A hired catering company that will provide a menu is also advised--this way you can even ask guests on the invitations what their menu choices will be. Most local hotels will offer smaller ballrooms that you can rent for a decent bargain. You can even set up tables with fancy drinks like sparkling cider and juices, which mimic a real cocktail bar. A hired band that performs songs all night or a DJ for dancing and some fancy decorations will net you a formal birthday party that your teenager won't soon forget.
Rock and Roll Birthday Party
Perhaps one of the more popular of birthday party ideas for teenagers is a rock and roll birthday. Your best bet is to find out if they have any friends who are in local bands that they really like. You can easily hire these local bands for pretty cheap and get them to play at your home in your backyard. Make sure that you acquire a live music permit from your local authorities so that your party does not get shut down.



Flashy rock themes include the birthday cake--you can even decorate a print-on cake with their favorite rock band on the frosting; all you need is a picture. Include free music download cards in your party teasers and create invitations that look like real concert tickets that you tear at the door as guests enter.
Video Game Themed Birthday Party
Most teenagers love video games--even girls these days are playing more and more video games. One of the more popular varieties of these video games are games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero. Set up a video game console in the living room and hold showdowns to see can rock out harder. Cool invitations can resemble game controllers and attendees can be encouraged to purchase video game-related gifts for the birthday kid. Offer a prize for the winner of a video game showdown

What's a better idea for my 24th birthday party? Restaurant or potluck? Or something different?




Colleen


A restaurant would be more expensive for the guests, but a potluck would require more preparation and cleanup. Also, my place is kind of small (1 bedroom apartment). There's also the added complication that I'm vegetarian and want to invite people from the local vegetarian/vegan community that I'm a part of, but I also want to invite a few friends who aren't vegetarians (which actually aren't many, since most of my friends are in college or grad school and away for the summer while I'm still in my college town). If I do a potluck, should I ask those people to just bring drinks and maybe chips? I'm probably stressing about this too much, but my birthday is on the 27th so I need to plan something soon. Thanks for your help!


Answer
If you have the time, do the potluck. Everyone seems to go out these days, and I enjoy going to someone's house and relaxing.... and if you have the time and energy, there is nothing wrong with doing both if you are not asking for gifts. I always have a family thing and a friend thing.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment